Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy super new here

I am trying to decide what variation of tire size I should go with for my new rims. I have 16x7 w +40 offset. My suspension is lowered around 1.75” in the front and rear(though the front hangs a bit lower).

I have taken time to research this but I always seem to find mixed reviews or opinionated ideas. I would greatly appreciate some proper DD, or some form of ‘evidence’ to back up what point you’re making.

I know that some of this will involve opinion to some degree. I hear a lot about rubbing associated with the 215’s, however I knkw that everyone’s setup is different so this may vary. I wanna know really if the 215 will work

I mainly want to have a daily driver but I also want to be able to take corner comfortably (little to no rubbing). I do hoon it, but I don’t track it nor do I have any intention of doing so. Just wanna make my daily comfortable yet fun.

also if anyone has good tire recommendations, brand or specific tire is good

Anything is much appreciated, please don’t come in here to dump the (there is already a thread about ___), this is my last stitch effort to find closure on this

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just went from 215 to 205 on an ITR, have only driven the car once since though. There really isn't much in it. 205 are a tad smaller though so will be a tiny bit lower and lower geared.

1.75" is pretty low. Can you get in there with your existing wheel/tyres or the wheels you're using and measure 215mm?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just went from 215 to 205 on an ITR, have only driven the car once since though. There really isn't much in it. 205 are a tad smaller though so will be a tiny bit lower and lower geared.

1.75" is pretty low. Can you get in there with your existing wheel/tyres or the wheels you're using and measure 215mm?
yeah everything has been solid so far, I had rolled the front fenders a tad bit(def not all the way) but that was with 15x7.

How did the 215 differ to the 205 in your opinion? Like in regards to daily driving, cornering, or if you experienced any rub?

thanjs for your input tho man

·
Registered
12 Posts
They are different tyres so hard to compare grip. Both did touch on big dips in the road but that's more due to soft oem suspension. Neither have rubbed while turning etc. You do get a tad lower profile with 205. I'd prob get them again over 215, even if it's just a more common size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooo I’ve never heard that about the low profile from the 205’s before, what was the aspect ratio for your wheels(205/215)? I’ve heard the’re a more common aize and that it makes life easier. Thansk this was helpful!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah because the 45 height is weirdly 45% of the width. So it's a tiny bit lower for a 205mm width over 215mm. Both my sets had the 45 profile. If you're going to be tracking the thing there might be more in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I definetly won’t track it, just don’t have the money to up-keep. But I do enjoy being able to hoon around the mountains in my area on off days. I just like a daily that can handle its weight so to speak. Did you ever roll your fenders, or change your chamber at any point?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Na no rolling or chamber adjustment. Just lowering springs. They are just the Neuspeed Sport so not very low

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run a 225\45\R17. They hug that road well in almost any weather. Replaced the knock off fake coil overs last owner put on with real coil overs. Made a real difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts