Team Integra Forums banner

Tip for those replacing clutch interlock switch stopper pad

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  shadowbethesda 
#1 · (Edited)
Recently my car left me stranded in a parking lot. Although the lights turned on the starter would not turn the engine over. Someone in the parking lot kindly gave me a push start and I was able to get the car home.

Sure enough I saw pieces of the clutch switch stopper on the floorboard.

I ended up removing the drivers seat and fished it into place using a piece of 24 gauge wire lightly looped around the tip and a loop formed at the other end of the wire. I fed the loop through the pedal box and used a screwdriver to do the final press in of the pad as I pulled the wire loose straight through the hole in the pedal. This method took me about 15 minutes after removing the seat.

Cloud Plant Sky Wind Grass

See less See more
#3 ·
The way I replace these is just slide your driver seat all the way back and get under the dash, then Stick the stopper where it is supposed to go then use the clutch pedal itself to push the stopper into place fully.

super easy and no tools necessary
6’3 broad shouldered lol.

edit: although I did have a shorter other buddy try and he felt like he couldn’t get his hands in there as well. 🤷🏾‍♂️
So tip is for big handed, tall guys with hands that can’t get into the space.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.