Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a hood thats ready to paint. Its a black hood and all you really got to do is primer it. Thats how I bought it. Now on one side its kinda fading to a goldish color and today after I came home with it I saw that it had tiny rust spots on it. I rubbed them off with a t-shirt so you cant rely tell but i know its going to come back. Is there any way i could like prevent it or should I just buy a new one? Little things like that tick me off lmao

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know theres the spray paint primer that turns rust into a paintable primer, you can get it at most auto supply stores. Theres also a chemical i've used from the Paint supply store that neutralizes rust, its green in color.

·
Registered
33 Posts
its fresh surface rust, if the hood was sanded they may have gone to much in some spots...the bare metal takes in the moisture from the air and begins to rust...i bought a piece of sheet metal the other day and it has already started to rust!...

If you are wanting the car to look good DO NOT!!!! paint the rust spots with primer out of a can, that **** sucks!....just leave it alone until you have the hood painted sand it down, give those spots a bit more car then primer it with realy car primer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.