Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to fix a window tint scratch that is small is there a touch up tint paint or something. or do i need to get the whole thing re tinted.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
tint is a film, that allows certain amount of light to pass through it.

it isnt like paint, and it would be almost impossible to tint only the scratched part and make it not noticable.

if its that much of a scratch that it needs fixing then you have to retint the window, I have a few tiny scratches and you can't really see them unless you know where they are.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
did you do the tint yourself?? if so your going to have to redo them like deadlock said. if you got it done at a shop, alot of shops now a days have atleast a year warrenty, and most will redo the tint if it gets messed up, however some will not. some, like where i got mine done have a lifetime warrenty so any scratchs or tears get fixed free. also, if you did it yourself, call the manufacturer of the tint and ask them if the tint itself has any kind of warrenty.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hye thanks for the info guys but the only thing is that i bought the car after it was tinted and i have the reciept but i dont know how long ago it was tinted but i will check the warranty thanks again i appreciate it

·
Registered
123 Posts
Since we're on the topic about tints I wanted to ask if anyone knows after you get your tints put are you able to clean your window with windex or any other liquid? And if you can't what are the negative results of doing so. Thanks

PS:I didn't want to create a new thread for something that can be answerd so easly. So sorry to post it in your thread.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
as far as for me, i use windex inside and out and my tint seems to fine after one year. if your unsure just use water and a small drop off car soap in a bucket and use that to wipe with. hey since were on repairing tint, some [email protected] scratch my window with a key and said something along with the idea of "car" and im sure something jacked up. but it blows, if i ever caught them in the act, i take his key and key his face and then slam his head threw his car door and take money from his wallet to pay for my car because i seriously think the perks that key cars are dumb and childish.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i use windex too even with the scratch

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I heard windex reacted with the film itself, and tends to fade it (If your tint is the fady kind.)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Don't use anything with (I'll never spell this right) pneumonia in it. It will break down the film and fade it over time. I'm suprised they didn't tell you that when you had it done.
I find when I'm done chamoising my car I just wipe the windows down while its still damp. Or after I'm done wiping the wax off my car wipe the windows down with that rag.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Quote: pneumonia [/QUOTE]
You don't want that.

Tint scratchs, theres really only one way to fix them.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
GS-Racer on Mar/10/04 said:
Don't use anything with (I'll never spell this right) pneumonia in it. It will break down the film and fade it over time. I'm suprised they didn't tell you that when you had it done.
I find when I'm done chamoising my car I just wipe the windows down while its still damp. Or after I'm done wiping the wax off my car wipe the windows down with that rag.
Odd...the shop that did my tint used windex to clean the fingerprints, etc. However, my tint has a lifetime free replacement warranty, guaranteed not to turn purple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts