Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying tint for my car

the maximum for the front windows is supposed to be 70%....

has anyone gone over that? have you been pulled over?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had 50% on the front side windows, and 100 % on the back side. Got pulled over for the front, It wasnt even that dark cop just had nothing better to do so he gave me a fix ticket.

·
Registered
316 Posts
SoCaLGSR on Feb/07/06 said:
I had 50% on the front side windows, and 100 % on the back side. Got pulled over for the front, It wasnt even that dark cop just had nothing better to do so he gave me a fix ticket.
That musta looked retarded.

100% is not tinted at all... 100% is stock type clear.

Remember, Higher the % lighter the windows... lower the % darker the windows.

Im going to do 5% on the back 3 windows and 70% in front... I dont want no probable cause to pull me over.

a friends dad got pulled over 3 times for 35% all around on his BMW 330I

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mystikalstriker on Feb/07/06 said:
OT.....

When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.

that kicks!!!!!

i finally have something for my sig!!!!

Thanks for the responses guys... i think im going to get some 60% for the fronts and whatever i can afford on the rest.

·
Registered
949 Posts
ha i got 5% all around......got harassed once but that was only becuz he couldnt get me for speeding...so he wrote me up for tint. a lot of cops seen my tint but they dont bother to write a fix it ticket

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GreenGeeSeR96 on Feb/07/06 said:
Yeah I'm in Cali and just got mine redone to 20% all around. Also, make sure and get metallic tint and not a plastic-based formula.

are you talking about that mirror like stuff?

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
jakbauerctu on Feb/07/06 said:
Quote: GreenGeeSeR96 on Feb/07/06Yeah I'm in Cali and just got mine redone to 20% all around. Also, make sure and get metallic tint and not a plastic-based formula.

are you talking about that mirror like stuff?
No .. High-Quality window film actually has metals in it.

.. it aids in keeping more heat out and to prevent fading.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had my car tinted (by myself) %5 back, and backseat both sides.

Than got the driver n passenger done 30% each side. I never got pulled over for the tint. They dont even bother pulling me over for it, but a streak of bad luck hit me when my driver window switch broke, and I was driving one night and pulled a left turn on a light which turned red. The cop instead of giving me a ticket for the red light violation gave me a fix it ticket for the windows and i had to pull them off in the fronts. Not on the spot.

All other times i been pulled over, i just roll both my fronts down before that and it was safe, but not legal.

The law sucks, and is very sketchy, i've seen plenty of these new lexus's and bmw's with stock tint on the fronts.

·
Registered
568 Posts
so say you do get that ticket for tint, does that mean you have to take it all off and prove to them that you did? on my truck i had the tint match the oem back windows and had that done around the entire truck and never any problems. I have thought about the punishment and the hassle that it would cause.
JASoN

·
Registered
393 Posts
jakbauerctu on Feb/07/06 said:
Thanks for the responses guys... i think im going to get some 60% for the fronts and whatever i can afford on the rest.

uhm, wouldnt that be wierd to just focus on the front windows and not the back? if anything i would switch that around and get the rear tinted first, and the left over money to tint the front.

Quote: CryFarKilla on Aug/16/06 so say you do get that ticket for tint, does that mean you have to take it all off and prove to them that you did? on my truck i had the tint match the oem back windows and had that done around the entire truck and never any problems. I have thought about the punishment and the hassle that it would cause.
JASoN
you can remove it and prove to them, if you want to reduce the fine that charge. but if you want to pay the full fine, then dont take it off.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.