Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
never heard of em but decent reviews on amazon.
i went with bando.
here's a good guide to good and bad parts:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never heard of em but decent reviews on amazon.
i went with bando.
here's a good guide to good and bad parts:
thanks dude

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've used evergreen parts before. They come in a lot of "full kits" from China. Some parts are good. Some are just ok. The paper & metal gaskets are fine. The injector seals are crap. Their tensioners are bad.

But when it comes to a timing belt, if you aren't buying an OEM belt, I would stick with another name brand. Like Gates or Continental. HKS makes good belts too. But they cost more than OEM.

It's best to use a name brand timing belt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
mitsuboshi is another good choice for timing belt, good made in japan quality.
Trade secret: Mitsuboshi is the OE manufacturer that originally supplied the Integra timing belts to Honda. It's the white box for Honda. It's the exact Honda part minus the Honda logo and Honda pricetag... (like buying Denso parts--another Honda OEM). Mitsuboshi's timing belts are boxed together in Aisin timing belt/ water pump kits (made in Japan). Yamada is the OEM for the water pump and thermostat housing, but idk where you could get real Yamada parts other than a Honda/ Acura dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s best to stick with OEM or direct manufacturers. Not worth the headache for a $25 timing belt to pull it all back out. If it’s like a $50 difference. Then it’s something to think about.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up getting a gates timing belt, since I can't find any convincing info in the web, just replaced it today, after 11 years, since I did water pump and belt, a 11y Goodyear belt a d gmb pump...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gates makes some OEM timing belts for Honda. You can't go wrong with gates. But damn, 11yrs ?

I change the timing belt on my Integra every 4 years.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gates makes some OEM timing belts for Honda. You can't go wrong with gates. But damn, 11yrs ?

I change the timing belt on my Integra every 4 years.
yeah, the belt have started to fall apart in some areas around the teeth, forget to take a picture. but i cant argue that it was a damn good quality belt tho, same for the water pump.

·
Registered
186 Posts
no more gates for me, had a water pump start leaking after about 50k miles when it should have lasted almost twice that. many if not all their parts are now made in china. npw or aisin waterpumps are the way to go. moog, snap-on, and napa are now made in china too so i'm avoiding those as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
50-60k is the interval for changing a water pump & timing belt. And it doesn't matter where it's made.

No offense, but from over 20 years experience working on Hondas & Acuras, 50-60k is the correct time.

But you also have to calculate in time (as in years or hours if you idle more than drive), how much you drive, how you drive, and your environment. As harsh driving conditions and environment affect the wear and change interval.

There are too many variables to just say Gates is bad. Could have been been bunk coolant, an unknown substance in the coolant like calcium, dirt or oil, or too much pressure in the system due to not bleeding correctly, a slight leak in a hose letting air in, evaporation letting air in or a sign that the head gasket is going out.

I don't know why you think a water pump should last 100k on a B18. But that is incorrect.

I hope you are doing the correct maintenance in the future. Get a haines manual. Or a Factory service manual. It has the real interval info.

Please educate yourself before you start blasting brands based on false information.

·
Registered
186 Posts
bottom line is dont buy chinese parts, made in japan only!!!
there's plenty of complaints about gates if you poke around.
they put lower quality components in the kits and other nonsense.
fsm says 90k for water pump, 50k aint 90k lol.
none of my others failed and i'm at 385k.
gates pumps are not recommended!:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts