Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a full timing belt kit (belt, camshaft and crankshaft seals) for cheap. It's apparently made by Contitech, have anyone heard of or had expierences with their products? I plan on getting the timing belt changed soon and wasn't about to take a risk with a faulty product.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, I see what you're saying there but as soon as I saw he was selling it for under $50, I jumped on it. I did get a price quote from someone regarding the same kit and was told it retails for about $87.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
My timing belt alone was $50.. not to mention all the various other parts.. total for honda parts was $280.. With something as vital as a timing belt, there is NO way in hell id put anything less than genuine honda parts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Probably water pump, timin belt, and tensioner. Honda Timing belts go for like 70 at the dealer, water pump is like 160 and tensioner is almost another 70. So that there alone gets close to 300 for OEM parts at retail price. IMO i wouldn't use anything but OEM that holds the motor together ie. belts, pumps, gaskets and seals.

·
Registered
47 Posts
wow. OEM honda oNLY? mr gasket stuff is just as good. BUT, yes OEM honda is the way to go, www.heeltoeauto.com has a gasket kit that retails for 68 bucks, oil pan gasket main seals water pipe gasket and other misc. stuff. bosch has an awesome water pump at pepboys for sale for 24 dollars, and a oem belt retails for about 78 from the dealer.... oor less.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah mr. gasket's great, that's why their valve cover gaskets harden in a year while a honda one lasts for several? I'm very picky on what aftermarket stuff i will use and my car has never stranded me in the 5 years i've owned it. Coincidence? I think not

·
Registered
729 Posts
i paid 120 for a timing belt kit from prostreetonline and it wasnt worth it. i went to an acura authorized shop and i could have gotten OEM parts for the same price or a bit less with a WARRANTY. Ive learned my lesson as far as not using genuine honda parts. the warranty alone brings some peace of mind. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
262 Posts
Korean_Teg, I'm thinking about buying the same kit from prostreet online. There's a guy on Honda-Tech selling it and he said, "Most of the parts are actually stamped Honda. The ones that are not, are the same identical piece to the Honda OEM pieces (which Honda doesn't make themselves)" Just wanted to know if this was the same kit you got.

You can check it out here
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=797720

·
Registered
729 Posts
Zidnex if u want to buy the kit i bought i'll sell it to you. I didnt install it. I had Genuine Honda Parts put on. The kit from prostreet was not stamped Honda. The timing belt says made in the USA and the water pump is made by nissan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts