Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering how do you know when you need a timing belt & water pump replacement. I just bought the car at 96k miles and I'm not sure if it was replaced or not. I'd like to fix up my car before driving it heavily!

Also, does anyone know of any good places around the Bay Area to get this done? I don't know anything about stuff like this and would not like to do it myself.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
id just have it done....if you dont know if it hasnt been done

have the timing belt..and all accessory belts done also..along with water pump..

and look for shops thAT specialize in honda/acura

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
If you're not mechanically inclined, just get it done.

If you feel comfortable enough, pop the valve cover and inspect the belt.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
How long have you owned the car? Maybe you can get in contact with the previous owner and see if they had it replaced.

on another note, we have a Timing Belt and Water Pump replacement article here. Its in the Maintenance category in the Articles section of this website. Feel free to give it a look.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Your best bet is try (like stated above) to in contact when the seller and see if/when the timing belt was done. Are you interested on doing it yourself?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, I have no idea about how to replace it myself and probably don't even dare to attempt. That's why I asked about where would I go to get it replaced. I guess I'll go and replace it soon!

By the way, I live around SF. I was also wondering, how much would it cost to get the replacement done from a professional?

Thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.