Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car started acting up recently and thought i might be timing so i took off the valve cover. i saw that the timing belt had shifted partly off the cam gears to the drivers side. What would cause this and how do i fix it?

btw this is a recent swap and i did the timing belt myself

·
Registered
455 Posts
Also, make sure it is positioned correctly around the water pump, tensioner, and crank gear. Meaning that it's not slid or shifted off toward the drivers side of any of those either.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When you were installing the timing belt you may have accidently rotated the crank backwards which is counter-clockwise. This would cause your timing to be incorrect. It's a mistake thats not all that rare.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill have more pics up tomorow. im gonna get up bright and early to work on it.

and does anyone think this looks like im off a tooth or anything like that? i took the vc off in the first place cause my car started running poorly

·
Registered
930 Posts
k624ash on Sep/21/07 said:
Quote: mrmad on Sep/21/07Did you install these?

i dont remember them so its quite possible. Does anyone have an actual picture of them?

im gonna go get some actual picures of my car right now

When you remove the crank pulley, the front "disk" will come off easily. It is probably a little over 2" in diameter. You'd have to pull the timing belt pulley (the one with the teeth) to get the back one off. I don't see how your timing belt could be that far off the cam gears if both of these disks were installed.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Looks like it's off a tooth to me, that's just from my observation though... look close at that pic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The gears look fine but from what I've seen you probably don't have the "disc" pointed out in the pic on the front side/outside, not having that could cause the belt to slide off like yours and having it installed backwards(the "flares" pointed toward the crank) will chew up the timing belt.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i took some pics of my sparkplugs too. the one on the far drivers side seemed a little wet, as did the corresponding spark plug wire. in the picture its on the left

top dead center is at the single mark on the crank pulley right? if so this is what i got

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here are the pics, the timing belt was really sawing thorugh that cover.
So i guess i will need to talk the belt all the way off and put on those two washers?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tony_2018 on Sep/22/07 said:
yes you do!! its a good thing you caught it before it fell off completely. and yes your timing is dead on.
yea i know, which kinda sucks actualy. cause i was hoping the timing was off and that would fix my problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.