Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some of you please let me know how much you paid to have your timing belt change, if you went to a mechanic. Let me know what you paid for parts and labor. I am curious to see how inexpensive this mechanic my uncle recommended really is. I have a G2 B18a engine. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had that all done to mine. Water pump and all belts...I got ripped off though. Cost Just over $400.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just checking I payed 125 for labor and 40 for the belt. Didn't do the water pump though, no time or money. Kind of unexpected, I was driving to work when I heard a knocking sound thought I freaked a lifter or piston or something. Needless to say Trecked it back to my mechanic cause in Boston it would have cost me an arm and a leg. So I trooped it back to my town doing 40 on the highway with my flashers on. I was soooo scared I messed up my engine, but you guys wouldn't believe what turned out to be the problem. Seems a small screw came loose around the belt area and lodged itself between the belt and block. Caused a rip in the belt directly in the center, so the belt held together cause the outer part stayed in tact. Kept the belt to show those who can't believe it. Anyhow I guess I got a good deal, $165 belt and labor, thanks guys for the responses.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it all but this is what I did.

new timing belt
water pump
skunk2 cam gears

If you have any plans for cam gears then when you change the timing belt and water pump you may as well go ahead and save on the labor cost and get all 3 done at once.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts