Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll say that i have been offender numero uno on this (1,440 messages in my inbox, lol).....

but its time to clean out your private message inbox of messages older than 6 months old......

there's currently almost 63,000 messages in the system, a third of those are older than 6 months.... its time to kill em

so Tues night, 7:30p EST, i am going to delete any message before August 1st, 2003..... want to save some of them? copy and paste them into notepad or whatever, but they'll be gone come that time

this is part of my attempts to speed up the database, i have been spending a good portion of today tracking down database issues

- Steve

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yeah I did that the other day. I guess we can only get 30 but I had 80!

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About the non-existant limit: if it comes from a mod or admin or "me" (in the form of some automated message), it doesn't look at your current PM count, it'll go through none the less

in V5 there is an "email this message to myself", but no, there will be no "goto email instead" option

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thats cool, maybe you should post this on the main page in the news section. There could be alot of people with info they need to copy down or stuff off that matter which could be important. just a suggestion

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
If that helps the server then that is great. I use to keep some of mine, but now I just delete em after a day or so.

We should all try to remember to delete the messages.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Furious94LS on Mar/21/04 said:
If that helps the server then that is great. I use to keep some of mine, but now I just delete em after a day or so.

We should all try to remember to delete the messages.
hehe, i guess its time to stop tose 'Im bored' pose for a bit, hehehe...right Chris and JK?

good times good times...

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
LOL.

I just cleaned my box out a week ago actually...I had something like 500 in there...I get too many a day to keep up with them all.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
and her ei was thinkin i was soo cool with my box just about full lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts