Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i start my car and the RPM lands in around 1900-1200RPM i hear this ticking noise coming out from underneath my car. like the sound of something hitting against a thin piece of metal. the noise comes from right in the center underneath the dash. Some of my friends says it's the cat or heat sheild but i dunno.

i have also heard this noise from other integras also. Anyone know what could be wrong with it? It runs find and everything, it's just the noise that pisses me off cuz makes the teggy look bad when the noise comes out.

btw, it's a 99 2dr GS with 39908 miles, dunno if that helps or not

·
Registered
362 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket header on the car? If so the little flange that holds the header to the block rattled on mine might give that a look.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone have experience on this kind of ticking noise? and how much it would be to fix. i was gonna go to dealer to do it but they'd charge me up the butt for the cost so i want to see if i can get it fixed myself first before i get butt rammed by dealers.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It's either...heatshield from the cat, or heatsheield by the B pipe bend. If it's the cat, you can either replace it or live with it. It's a typical problem. If it's the b pipe heatshield, bend it back a little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts