Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my car today and it started to tick really load i could hear it over the exhaust. It started after i miss shifted i went from 4th to 3rd. When i got home i opened hood to look at the motor when it was still running. Th ticking noise seems to be coming from around the timing belt/cam gears. Also i checked my oil and it barely had any so i put some oil in. I t only took about 1 quart after putting the oil in it still ticked and when it is reved to higher rpms the tick gets faster. I am thinking that it might just need a valve adjustment because i did a compression test and everything is fine there. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how i can fix it. Thanks.
Also if you need to know i have a b18c1 motor.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Zer0ne on Feb/12/06 said:
i'd guess its the lifters, you can buy a bottle of "lifter free" to get rid of the noise if the lifters are the prob.
We don't have hydraulic lifters, so we don't get the low-oil lifter noise.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
check out the article on Valve lash Adjustment. I need to do one on my gsr but im afraid to...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
how would it be the spark plugs or wires?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
allright thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure it's not a spun bearing because it sounded nothing like that video. I plan on doing a valve adjustment and then i will go from there. Also does anyone know what a leakdown test would tell me I am probably going to do one and I want to know what the results would mean.

·
Registered
278 Posts
matmattmatthew on Feb/13/06 said:
how would it be the spark plugs or wires?
just a guess thats why i had a (?) after i said that! last time i changed my spark plugs i switched from NGK to bosch and that is when i started hearing my tick i switched back to ngk and it is not as bad

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.