Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup i need some help. 1 year ago my friend accidently (or so he says) kicked my car and made a dent. during that one year he said on and on that he will pay me for the dent. but now he is starting to kick it with these druggies and now is lying to me even more about paying up and hes trying to avoid me. i am so pist that i just want to go up to him and bash him with my bat, or jack all the new audio stuff he bought himself for his car. but i know that can get me in trouble so why should i risk it on that pathetic loser. so i am asking if there is a legal way i can do this or can i report this to insurance. im trying to lean towards the insurance way because i dont want to deal with the court stuff. even though this was done a year ago can insurance still cover me for htis kindve stuff?

any help is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm not sure on this but I think it being a year and all no legal hearings can be carried. As far as insurance though, I think it would depend on the type of insurance you have. Then again though, it might cheaper just to pay for it depending on how much it is. Forgot why thought but I ran into the same problem this summer. My window was shattered and insurance was going to charge me and arm and a leg to get it fixed it. So like I said, it depends on your insurance and how much it is. Hopefully I'm correct on this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Insurance seems to be the way to go... but, again, depending on your current deductible. It should be covered under your "comprehensive" coverage.

·
Registered
442 Posts
goto a couple dealerships and ask around for an estimate then compare it with what the insurance is charging you and choose which ever is cheaper cuz taking legal action is pretty expension

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
yea i think since its over a year ots past that whole grace period thing i forgot what you call it.

sucks to hear about it tho Zhen

·
Registered
26 Posts
well, you could tell your insurance company, but a dent probably would not be more than your deductible, so therefor it probably would not be worth reporting it. as for the grace period, its called the statute of limitations, and it varies depending on the case, but there is not statute of limitations on murder cases, just in case any of you see that on jeopardy. good luck with it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help guys. yeah i thought about it and to fix the dent at this place i know is $300 and my insurance deductible is $500 so i will be losing money if i go through the insurance. and the court is out of question. so im just going to deal with this myself like how i was going to.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i know a couple of guys that could tune that druggie up, that he wont bother you again.if he does you let me know, and we go form there.he desrves it unless you have done something to him for him to keep doing this. let me know

·
Registered
569 Posts
one thing in order to use your insurance you have to have a popo report, that will never happen cause it happen a year ago. What i would do is go to a lawyer and have him write a letter to this guy telling him to pay you or they will sue. this works very very well. The one dealership where i got my car took so long to get my plates in (2 month) i talked to this lawyer and he sent him a letter and that week i got my plates. You can always sue them for lawyer fees too. Just go talk to a lawyer, they shouldn't charge you to tell them about your problem and he'll most likey tell you if your going to win or not. In he says you will win sue his pants off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
get legal with your fists...beat yoru cash out of him

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Claim it happened as a "hit an run" as it falls under uninsured motorist which usually has the lowest deductible.I would only go this method if it was a real nasty dent.

Try one of the paintless dent shops. Most dents can be pushedd out for nunder $100.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
DjRaver108 on Sep/27/02 said:
well, if he is a druggie, use it toward your advantage. =)
That is called blackmail. It is illegal.

I'm not quite understanding your story here, but don't do anything stupid. Slapping him around or stealing his stuff makes you no better than him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts