Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 GSR 63k mi

Ok, so I'm hearing this thumping noise, primarily on turns and angling onto a driveway, and it sounds like its coming from the front right wheel area (from the perspective of the driver's seat).

Sometimes, I can let go of the gas, going at a good ammount of speed, and tap it in really quickly and I will hear it again.

I haven't had anything recently done to my car with an exception of doing my own oil change and tranny flush on a lift 2 days prior.

So, can you guys help me figure this out? I used to have similar noises due to lug nuts not being tight. But that's not the problem, I double checked them all, the first thing I did.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It could be bad CV boots...have you checked your axles? They go thump thump when they dry and friction gets to the bearings.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm wit ^^^^^^^ ..because that happen to my mom's car but my moms car makes noises when you apply the brakes too.. and when i got under there to look at it, the boot was split down the middle and inside was totally dry.. spent couple hours replacing them..and problem solved

*edit* the car only has 63k soo thats a little early for the boot to split

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been told that I've had a leak from my axle, and I've never taken the time to fix it yet. Maybe because it's leaked out, it may be dry?

How serious is this condition? A fix-it-ASAP? Or just about another week? Or what?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, is this a fix-it-yourself sort of thing or is it complicated to do on your own?

I ask this because my friend's dad owns an auto shop, and we can go in there any time we want to, and use their lifts, as well as ask for help, advice, etc.

Is this something that is fixable, and not too complicated?

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Yes it's fairly simple. The sooner you do it the better. It might last several more months or just one more drive...you don't want it to brake while your driving!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
if the car is in warranty i think they would fix it.. give them a call.. ohh yeah if u dont get it fix the thumping is gonna get worse and worse

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I took my car to Acura, and they were assholes, they made me go back to the Volkaswagen/Subaru dealer where I purchased the car, and that they had to send it to them.

But it was all good, because my rental car was a WRX Imprezza! It was stock, but it was so fast, and so fun to drive! Oh my gosh! I'm not missing my Integra right now! I'm gonna miss the WRX!

Sorry fellow Integra lovers... I may sell the acura and get the subaru! ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok. I haven't got my car back... been like 5 days now, but should be today.

The reason why it's taking so long is because I also needed the oxygen sensor replaced, and they were waiting for it to come in.

Sadly... I'm not missing the Acura... I'm lovin the WRX! My heart will be broken... when I return the Subaru. Gosh, such a fun car to drive.

I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, I'm replying to inform everyone who was wondering how it got fixed.

Here's what happened. I didn't have any time to talk with them about my car, so I didn't have a chance to ask. However, I can sorta derive what they did.

When I brought it in. I stated 3 problems, but I'm only going to write two because the third one was oxygen sensor replacement. I will list the problems and put the answer below.

"A CUSTOMER STATES THAT THERE IS A FLUID LEAK FROM THE AXLE" -- "GP SEE CoNTROL ARM REPAIR"

"B CUSTOMER STATES THAT THE CAR MAKES A KNOCKING SOUND oN THE RIGHT SIDE WHEN TURNING" -- "GP REPLACE RIGHT UPPER CoNTROL ARM BOLTS"

So, basically, that knocking sound... all it needed was the control arm bolts to be replaced? I find it weird... and how they had my car for a week on an estimated 1 day repair.

So, for all of you who are wondering... check your control arm bolts. Those bolts are located a little under where your suspension bar is on the same area-- that is under the hood.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts