Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright heres the question guys someone told me that lets say your sitting at a red light and your foot is on the clutch waiting for it to turn green, I was told it was bad to keep your foot on it while stopped because it will mess up your throwout bearing, as opposed to putting the car in neutral and just having your foot on the brake is there any truth to that? Because I do the later one and I dont want to mess up my car anytime soon.
Thanks for any responses in advance.
-Shadow

·
Registered
256 Posts
Both are considered fine. Since you have a 200,000+ mile teg, you might want to be more carefull with everything, though. I believe that the "neutral" gear is the better idea.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I guess my opinion as far as all this paranoia with damaging youre clutch ("Dont hold it on a hill, that'll kill it!!!" "Dont feather it if all possible, it'll kill it!" "Dont rest youre foot on it, it'll kill it!") is this. Most of these things are kind of what we might call "acceptable wear" which we can equate to acceptable risk which is that youre clutch might someday need servicing if you do these things slightly earlier than not. As long as youre not doing stupid things like riding it all day, or burning it while accelerating all day and night you should really stop worrying. Honda relizes that clutches recieve wear and built good clutches to compensate, the same with the aftermarket companies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts