·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you!!!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think all the RSX needs is to be droped an inch or two and 17" wheels. I'd definitely wait for the Type-R. The interiors are nice in those cars. I've got to say though, as much as I don't like JDM front ends, jdmdc2integra, yours is definitely and arguement to the contrary. Nice car.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of a great looking Type-R that change my mind everytime I go thinking the G3 looks better.

A shop around my parts has a near exact copy of this car, with the exception that it's a Type-S

·
Registered
253 Posts
but what everyone has to keep in mind is, maybe the rsx type r would be a model option, it won't be a true type r, They'll rob 20 horse power from it for the US version.

RSX= Like Em
Gen 3= Love Em
Gen 2= Love Em More

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like that one. I was wondering what the holes on either side of the bumper do. The one in the center is for the rad but what do the other ones lead to?

Here's another clean DC5

·
Registered
22 Posts
this is my teg with some rsx flavor. rsx type-s premium white pearl paint. heres a pix of my teg to help u guys decide that the g3's are way better.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
NextLevelTeg on Nov/24/02 said:
but what everyone has to keep in mind is, maybe the rsx type r would be a model option, it won't be a true type r, They'll rob 20 horse power from it for the US version.
Why do you say that? Why did you come to that conclusion? The USDM version of the G3 TypeR was only 2hp behind the JDM version.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's just my opinion but I don't think the North American market would buy a 200hp Type-R. Pretty much everyone on here and everywhere else is in agreement that a model option Type-R would suck a$$.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Nov/24/02 said:
Quote: NextLevelTeg on Nov/24/02but what everyone has to keep in mind is, maybe the rsx type r would be a model option, it won't be a true type r, They'll rob 20 horse power from it for the US version.
Why do you say that? Why did you come to that conclusion? The USDM version of the G3 TypeR was only 2hp behind the JDM version.
THeres a couple articles stating this, that comment comes from Japan itself and the US automakers, I believe there was an article in the Nov issue of Sport Compact. Theres also another thread arguing this point and i believe there were many people that also read the same.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
If you want the new Tegs, I would suggest waiting for the Type R model once it is released for the US.

Other then that, I would stick with a 3G GSR or Type R.

What model do you have right now anyways? and don't be all down over the milage being 100k. If you take good care, Hondas can run up to 200k + fine~

The new RSX are just not that run and fast feeling compared to the 3G still, from personally experience so only IMO.

Or you may just get another car like a old 240sx and build a sr20 or something.

Whatever you do, good luck and do a lot of research since you sound like you are fumbling.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah...I've decided to keep it....there's just too much $$$$ in it to sell it anyway!!! I think eventually I might start over...like new exhaust, intake, cams..ect.
Besides if I decided to get a wrx or something I couldn't leave the wonderful people of TI!!!! Thanks for all the support and suggestions...this site really is a family!!!
BillC

21 - 38 of 38 Posts