Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an old picture, but this is mostly how my integra currently sits:

A few more issues with paint have come around over the years on the front and year bumper, not really sure what I want to do regarding that. I may have a crack at fixing those issues myself, it wouldn't be as good as a real repaint, but it would look better and I could learn something during the process. I can remove the bumpers and paint them in my garage.

Now, the engine, currently as it sits it is a 98' Spec JDM ITR with 60k-ish miles on it. It runs pretty well but on full throttle pulls I smell oil. It may need a new PCV valve and possibly rear main seal, need to run a compression test just to check health, last time I check was 2012 and the numbers looked great back then. It's running my own tune on moates demon currently, 255 pump, Apexi WS2, ITR trans and 4-1 header.

In the past it was LS-Turbo, now, I'm kinda wanting to turbo it again. My other car is a 17' GTI with a Stratified pro-tune in-progress with a target goal of 325whp/390/wtq. So I do have that to satisfy my turbo-itch. While the stock ITR engine is loads of fun, I'm split on what I should do, part of me wants to hear the whoosh of a turbo under its hood again. The ITR engine would need lower comp pistons and injectors to reach 400whp and maybe cams. Trans would need a clutch upgrade (maybe? current might hold...not sure) and fresh synchros would be nice, though none are in terrible shape.

Would I be committing a sin turboing an ITR engine though? Would it be better to sell the ITR and build up a GSR? Since it was turboed before it already has all the support equipment like a wideband O2 and I've got a full 3" exhaust sitting in the basement still. Another part of me doesn't want to spend much more on the car and leave it as-is...maybe just fix it up 100%, get it dyno tuned (230whp maybe?), and perhaps do some weight reduction.

Help me lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sounds like the engine needed a good refresh anyways, just rebuild it with a turbo. It's not like it's an original Type R that will be collectible some day, enjoy it. I'm in the same place with a 1971 Volkswagen Type 3 fastback i'm resto-modding, I was torn whether to put the stock engine back in or slap a 2.2T subaru engine in it and do wheelies. Ultimately I decided I'll do whatever sounds cool when i get to that part of the build.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine only has 60kish miles on it, but its still 22 years old, the the seals need a refresh at the very least. You are right, as a poor man's R I don't feel obligated to keep it NA.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously thinking about AWD through humble performance with a K series. By the time I'd get my build underway AWD will have more aftermarket support as it is already picking up recently.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All-Wheel Drive? At that point i would just import the Factory ZXi version from japan, it would probably still be far cheaper.

ZXi Integra's aren't exactly cheap either, and if you do the work yourself (which I plan to do) converting to AWD can be done at a reasonable price point, especially now that more Honda AWD aftermarket support is coming around. Several kits are already available, so the R&D is already done.

Also, I doubt the ZXi drivetrain can hold power, these aftermarket options hold 800+whp...if I go AWD i'll be looking at 600+AWHP.

See here: https://imgur.com/a/cPOpqwC#ARYgDyu

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
CRV AWD implanted into the teg.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CRV AWD implanted into the teg.

The Civic wagon AWD system is the most sought after, but they are hard to find. I haven't found a lot of info on how much power the CRV AWD system will hold, I might contact humble performance to see if they have any customers who have put big power into the CRV system.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd leave it as is, I have a mk6 gti and I like the contrast it has over my n/a B series VTEC integra.

That's how I felt for a while, but I'm beginning to think I am addicted to boost. :driving:

I've wanted to do a high HP build...though I hadn't decided on what platform yet. If I can build my Integra up to 800hp and put the power to the ground, that is probably the direction I want to go. I know my Integra can achieve my goals cheaper than buying another car and building it.

Also, word on the street is that AWD Honda's properly built go for a pretty penny, so its value may in fact increase. Though I don't intend to sell it, but everyone has a price...

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Wondering if anyone done a K motor AWD swap in a teg or civic? That would be an interesting swap and FI on top

·
Registered
74 Posts
From a financial standpoint,
I'd sell the ITR engine and either K-Swap it or build an LS/b20-Vtec with a turbo. I semi regret trying to be a purist by building a b-series, bc the parts are almost exactly the same cost as going K series. B series **** is getting harder to find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts