Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm out doing my 100 mile aimless drives today and what do i see at the same used car lot i bought MY current g3 teg...a g1 teg in excellent condition!!! i almost nutted my pants!

Blue 1989 Integra LS
-5spd
-180K miles...(oh well!)
-excellent interior
-excellent exterior (no visible rust)
-i want it!!

so i'm going to stop by tomorrow and have a look see. They didnt have a price on the window so checking the blue book value (3205) it'll be like 4000 but i think i can talk him down.

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
cool. I'm looking to spend less then that for my winter beater tho

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
i'm sure you can talk him down much more than that

·
Registered
38 Posts
why dont you guys just put on your stock rims if you have aftermarket rims and just drive in the winter? i mean integras are front wheel drive... dont get me wrong i love my gsr, in fact i love all integras, but come on guys its not a ferrari or nsx

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
maybe to some people it is. i know if i had the money i would love to get a winter beater to prolong the life of my teg.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
A few weeks ago I looked at an '87 Integra LS 5-speed in decent shape with 125K miles on it and new tires. It ran and drove good. The price was $1295 at a small used car lot. This is in Florida and the car had zero rust. The A/C did not work, however.

I wouldn't give more than $1800 for an '89 with 180K miles, no matter how nice it looked.

·
Registered
129 Posts
knavekid on 12/June/2002 said:
A few weeks ago I looked at an '87 Integra LS 5-speed in decent shape with 125K miles on it and new tires. It ran and drove good. The price was $1295 at a small used car lot. This is in Florida and the car had zero rust. The A/C did not work, however.

I wouldn't give more than $1800 for an '89 with 180K miles, no matter how nice it looked.
Totally agree. Even $300 would be too much for a car that is more than 10 yrs. old and has 180k on it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
300 bucks? lol, i wouldnt say that, i'd buy it at an instant if it was 300 bucks...put a new engine in it for 2 grand

·
Registered
270 Posts
I spent 1500 on my 89 LS. It also has 180 k on it but the #3 piston just blew while I was on I-95. Be careful with that thing. Make sure that engine is in good condition. Otherwise you'll end up like me. forking out 1500+ to replace the engine.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Winter (second) cars are great. I wish I could find a decent G1 teg as a second car. I love driving my teg and enjoying it but with my having to park at a train station everyday to commute to work I dont want to subject the car to possible theft,dents,scratches, short trip cold driving. Plus it gets to stay covered on bad weather days =) I would say get that teg if its not more than $2,000. I couldnt find a teg so I had to settle for the MIB car. haha

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
777 Posts
I am looking for a gen one teg or a CRX for my 2nd car.
I put to many miles on my Type-R and I will need another car once I start rebuilding the engine in my R.

I dont want to spend more then $500 for it thou. A lot of old CRX's are in that range.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
i got my work beater(no need for a winter beater down here) which is an 87 integra rs for 700 bucks w/103k on it. minimal rust, pretty good interior, runs great except for that 2800rpm idle that it likes(which is being operated on now).

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
BlackassGSR on Jun/12/02 said:
why dont you guys just put on your stock rims if you have aftermarket rims and just drive in the winter? i mean integras are front wheel drive... dont get me wrong i love my gsr, in fact i love all integras, but come on guys its not a ferrari or nsx
i live in northen ny, and they salt the roads EVERYDAY no matter how much i was and detail and primp i still had rust forming after only one winter, and that is the last winter i will ever bring my teg through.plus im getting a nissan stanza for free.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I dont want to spend more then $500 for it thou. A lot of old CRX's are in that range.
Jeez, are you talking first gen crx's? I find that second gen's are way to popular still and htere is a great demand for them because of the b16.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts