Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the rear quarter panels on the tegs are REALLY thin and easily dented and very easy to push in if someone were to lean on them!! My question is what can i put behind those quarter panels to make the quarter panels not so hollow anymore, perhaps dyno mat would work?? any other cheap alternatives? websites or stores i can go to pick this up at? price? and how much material i would need to buy if dynomat is the case? thanks!!!

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
ok your talking about the panel at the rear above the bumper? if so there is nothing you can do. i suggest just dont lean on your car. the only spot that is safe for leaning on is right next to your mirrors on your door. other than that you will get some dents. so no more leaning on the middle of the fender.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
dynomat is a sound deadning meterial, i HIGHLY doubt it would do anything, the only thing i coudl think of would be reenforcing it with metal, but why would u ever wanna do that? just keep poeple off your car, theres a reason why our cars are built thin or whatever, makes em lighter and guess what safer, the more of the hit your car will take the less you will fee, learned that one the hard way

sooo in cocnlusion,lol, just keep the jerks that think your car is some park bench off of the car

·
Registered
514 Posts
sooo in cocnlusion,lol, just keep the jerks that think your car is some park bench off of the car
[/QUOTE]

hah unless of course, if chris himself who likes to lean...then scratch the "jerk" part, rite?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Edited by GreenStretRacer at 02/17/2004 02:03:34 AM

Your right, i guess i kinda got out of hand sorry, just that it get to me when people mistake my green fenders, green hood, and green quarter panels for some green park bench,

its wierd they NEVER lean on the door always on teh fenders.....GET OFF

·
Registered
739 Posts
I dynamatted my whole car up and I can say that it helped to make the quarter panels stronger. Pushing on them lightly does not cause them to cave at all like they used to. I wouldn't say to dynamat your car just because you want to make it stronger, but if you would like sound deadening and you put it in, it will somewhat help the strength of the quarter panel.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, here the deal, a buddy of mine bought something like 135 bucks he told me on dyno mat for the rear quarter panel of his car..... when i knocked on my quarter panel it sounds like a hollow piecie of metal of course then when i knocked on his, it sounded like it wasnt hollow. sounded alot better and sounded stronger. its harder for it to dent! sounded like a good idea to me, just wanted some of your opinions on this!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
austinxtreme512 on Feb/17/04 said:
ok, here the deal, a buddy of mine bought something like 135 bucks he told me on dyno mat for the rear quarter panel of his car..... when i knocked on my quarter panel it sounds like a hollow piecie of metal of course then when i knocked on his, it sounded like it wasnt hollow. sounded alot better and sounded stronger. its harder for it to dent! sounded like a good idea to me, just wanted some of your opinions on this!
it dosent make it any harder to dent..it just makes your car heavier....dynamat is highly flexable...

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Edited by jojo at 02/17/2004 02:34:01 PM
What about expandable foam. You know the insulating foam that starts out wet and sticky in a can. Just make sure you have expansion space for the foam. It gets hard when it drys.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
have a body shop replace all the panels with 1/4" thick stainless steel. you won't have to worry about dents... or bullets either lol.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Edited by GreenStretRacer at 02/17/2004 05:06:39 PM

OMG, ok first of all expending foam is SOOO hard to work with and i bet you if you try it the first couple of times you yourself will dent your own damn car, second of all if that quarter panel is soo damn importent protect it, i have pushed many many poeple off my car, and by pushi dont mean "excuse can you get off" i mean PUSH, i dont play games when it comes to my teg and you shoudl either, you see someone leaning nicely direct them either to the door area or to another car.

LET EM KNOW THIS IS A CAR NOT A BENCH DAMMIT

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea, well sometimes you cant help it. how about those ignorant people who come outside and you see leaning on your car, you dont always catch them but they do it!! My car is in the body shop and is getting painted and all the dents and cavitations in the quarter panels will be removed!!! Im sure there is something out there that could help in atleast helping the panels get stronger!!! i mean dont go to far and say, yea, weld more steel to it or something stupid like that!!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Hey i asnt kiddin you could built a metal protection for it which would work, and if that idea is stupid then so are most of the others given here, with the dynomat idea i can tell you right now that i had dynamt all over my can and it didnt do anything for durability, my frekain license plate was coverd wtih it and it bent like crazy cuz of my subwoofers. dents scratches and sstuff liek that is jut another thing that is just gonna heppen wanna protect it sit in ur car all day loing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.