Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 ls teg. It sat the whole winter and I would turn it on once every 2 months. I cleaned iacv, new tps. My car needs a doctor, is there 1 in the house? Engine light turns off like normal and never gives a signal. The idle bounces up and down between 1000-2000 rpms. And when I drive it feels like it wants to idle the whole car. It would do for a litte bit and then stop.

·
Registered
661 Posts
My ride used to do that too(idle irracticly for a while then settle down...the idle bounces like hell now), but along with the IACV, there is also a solenoid...did you swap that too? I changed out parts dozens of times before my mechanic told me to swap that(just waiting for $$$ now), but that's what I would check. Good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I drive it feels like the gas cuts off then on and so fourth. It stalls for a sec then when I push the gas it will go. can it be anything w/ fuel system?

·
Registered
702 Posts
i have the same problem with my idle but i believe its from the high compression pistons, and crower cams. it feels like it will stall and then pick back up and do it like crazy while the car is cold. when warm it settles down. sometimes it feels like i'm running on 3 cylinders. it sounds horrible at around 4k rpm and then ok it almost like studders. can anyone help me too?

·
Registered
11 Posts
justteg on Mar/31/04 said:
When I drive it feels like the gas cuts off then on and so fourth. It stalls for a sec then when I push the gas it will go. can it be anything w/ fuel system?
My 99 GSR does this exact same thing you describe. I first thought it was the fuel filter, but after changing it the car still does it. I have now narrowed it down to the TPS sensor. Are you sure your TPS is working properly?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot when I disconnect the hose that goes to the map, the idle goes down to 1000 but the car shakes alot. Does that mean that the map is good or bad?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just put on a used tps i got from ebay. Maybe that ones bad too huh? Does anybody know if I could take off the tps and map sensors and take them to Honda to see if they can check them.?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I brainstormed with my tech buddy and we thought that since the car starts running normally after you apply more throttle that the problem is directly related to the throttle position. The sensor may not even throw a code if the problem comes and goes, as is the case with my GSR. I would definitely say its your TPS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A cheaper way to check would be to buy a Haynes manual. It will tell you what voltages should be coming from each sensor and how to tell if one is bad or not.

·
Registered
685 Posts
My tps had to be adjusted as I had bought a new throttle body when I had my B18c1 installed. The tps should not be able to be removed and you can not get one from the dealer. They come with the throttle body. In JDM land they can be taken off no problem. You do have to take out the trust volt meter and turn the tps till you get the correct reading and then tighten it, then check again. Check the helms for more info.
By the way my buddy did this for me :) I just watched.
Kinda didn't know what was going on until I asked him.

·
Registered
185 Posts
sounds like a similar problem i have. my engine idles low and it feels like it's about to die..(between 2nd-3rd line on the rpms). it usually happens whenever i push my car hard...not hard like i'm killing it, but i gotta get to where i'm going quick, kinda hard. anyways, lets say i'm at a stop light, my exhaust sounds like it doing some kinda of bass drum beat. the whole thing feels like it's gonna die. and if i push some gas, rpms would go up and when i let go...the needle DROPS (falls like a brick) and catches itself at the first line, just almost about to die, but doesn't. then it goes back to that drumbeat. i dunno what's up with it. distributor, wires, spark plugs were changed, compression tests taken by three different mechanics all saying it's normal. anyone have any ideas what's up here?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems to me the idle isn't adjusted properly. And when you are at a stop the cooling fans are probably coming on and causing your idle to drop almost to nothing. My car is doing the same thing because the TPS is screwing with my idle speed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I played around with the tps, and when I move it to the left, it goes up and down, but when I move it to the right, the check engine light comes on. Waz up wit that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts