Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1814 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
DAY 4... WHAT A DAY!!!
Feb 5, 2007

well the plan for today was to get the head and block dropped off at the shops... lets just say we had a rough day

the day started off with me not having a ride to school, motorcycle battery dead, and my brother took his bike to school... so I had to call dado for a ride, almost late to school but not a big deal
after school met up with tony for some sushi before our big day and after eating we got some "speed freak" energy drink and were off to my house to pick up the parts

first off this is what Im stuck driving for the next few weeks untill my car gets done

I make this **** look goood (gangster pose)

I had my head hiding under the grill

all wrapped up like its Christmas or something

I had my block hiding behind the broken compressor

there she is!

dosent weight much when all the parts are off (trying not to get my shirt dirty)

got them in the back of the truck

a few pix before we head off

this is how excited we were

now I told you this day was messed up sooo... this is where it gets interesting

Read next post

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
DAY 4 CoNT

so we get in the truck after taking the pix... start to pull out of my driveway but there was a car coming, so I stepped on the breaks...boom...wtf was that?
we get out of the truck and this is what we find

now this is where emotions mix with "speed freak" and I start to panic...

after a quick check all seemed to be fine except for a few small scratches...phief what a relief!

now after almost having a nervous breakdown we were on our way.... only to run out of gas 20 mins into our journey

stupid gas gauge gave me a false sense of hope by getting stuck one bar above empty

so yeah, car barely rolls over an overpass and now were on the side of the road and out of gas.... us 19=big road=lots of traffic... and the gas station is on the other side
risking our lives me and tony run across the street almost tripping on the median and getting hit by a truck (I dont know if it was a truck buy saying that makes this story so much more exciting)
luckly we met a nice (hot) girl that works at the gas station... that called us stupid for running out of gas, but she did let us use the gas container for free
with this and $4 of gas we were ready to cross again

damn they hide this gas door good

cap got stuck so I used some muscle to get it off

this is so embarrassing

now we are on the road again to the head porting shop..

more on next post...

oh and Im not going bald thats just how it looks in the pix...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Like I said... I will explain my plans when the time is right... Ill leave it for a boring day and Ill post the pix of my parts too... now time to finish this post

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
DAY 4 CoNT... AGAIN

after passing it the first time, we turned around and found the shop that will work on my head

met up with Matt Hilton, cool guy, after talking about what needs to get done and paying the deposit we started looked around the shop... alot going on but we only took one pic... sorry

before we left the shop we got some very detailed directions to the next shop and we were on our way...goin the wrong way!
After calling up the shop and talking to Scotty's dad we figured out the right way to go and we were on our way!
on and on the way there we took a quick pic of this monster golf cart

well after driving for about an hour we were getting pretty pissed...and needed to pee so we made a quick stop at the nearest gas station

tony excited and eager to go pee

after waiting in the line to buy our ****

we talked to the cashier and confermed we were going the right way "yeah its right up ahead...about 20miles that way"

more on next post

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
DAY 4 CoNT...AGAIN...AGAIN

After driving for what seemed to be FOREVER, and passing alot of strip clubs, we got to where the shop should be...but it wasnt
time to call scotty again!
"yeah did you guys pass a big propaine tank"
yeah
"well thats us!"
ok?...were on our way..
we pulled up to the big propaine tank and the old guy told us to park in he will be right with us... this is where we started having doubts

while he was talking to another older man about something I probably dont care about we took a look around
and the only thing we could find that looked familiar was not that exciting to see

there was a golf cart with some performance stickers

but taking another look at the block sitting outside tony turned to me and gave me that look "there is no way youre leaving your block with this guy" look

well finally the older men ended their conversation and the one in the mobile chair turned out to be Scotty's dad
he invited us in and to our surprise we were at the right place

tony is liking this

a block they are working on...does 7's in a quarter mile if youre wondering

makes my lil oily block look *****

some more shots of the shop

We talked to Scotty's dad for a while and turns out they have been in the business for over 20 years and they have built some outrageous cars!

an engine for one of their customers

after making sure my block was in the right hands and talking to Scotty on the phone (cuz he was out for the day) we were on our way back

who would of thought this was a machine shop

now for everyone wondering who the **** is Scotty? let me explain

the shop is called Scotty's Racing Technology and I have been talking to him and his dad over the phone for a few weeks before I decided to let them work on my block

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well the shop that is working on my Block is "Scotty's Racing Technology" they are located at
18825 Old Shady Hills Rd. Spring Hill, Fl 34610
Phone # 727-857-0001

The shop that is working on my head is called "HPS"
their slogan "Best Heads on the Block"
owned by Matt Hilton
42160 US hwy 19, Tarpon Springs, Fl
Phone # 727-505-9068
website www.hpscylinderheads.com
but the site is temporarily down...from what I see

The head is getting a 5 angle valve job with port and polish
and the block is getting re-sleeved with Darton sleeves and bored out to 84.5mm

Unfortunately I forgot to drop off my valves and springs at the first shop so I will be making another drive there next week, and I also put in an order for new retainers today so they should be in next week also.

I also forgot to bring my pistons and rods to Scotty so I will be driving down there again next monday... this time its not gonna take us 4 hrs to get there cuz we found a faster way!
and since his shop can do everything else for me I will also be dropping off my crank and flywheel to get balanced

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
any pricing on around how much this is costing you? i just wanna see what shops charge to do this kind of work so i know what im looking forward to spending in the near future...

Good stuff! shops like that is when you know there worthwhile.. hidden but do amazing work!

Check with them see if they will let you rock their logo and maybe come up with a sponsership deal..

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Ill see what I can do... about the pricing Im not sure, I know its way less than what I expected to pay, and since I will be getting my stuff balanced my the same shop I will also get a discount on that too... I think its $200 to get my crank, flywheel, pistons and rods balanced...
so far all I know is I liked what they quoted me on and I made a $200 deposit at one place and $500 at the other
I will give final prices when its paid for

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanks guys with this support I want to go out and take more pix right now!!!... but Im in my pijamas ready for bed so maybie later but with every post I will try to include as many pix as possible

oh and if you guys can help me find a new bumper and an lsd it would be greatly appreciated and would get this project moving alot faster

41 - 60 of 1814 Posts