Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1814 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
very exciting post, man, keep up the good work.

i feel like i've been watching a TV show and am eagerly awaiting the next episode, haha

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
This journal of your journey is keeping me entertained in math class, but surely not as much as the outcome will entertain YOU...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I will list a list of parts later on today... I am considering lsd to handle the power upgrade better but Im so broke now,
if anybody can find me one for cheap please help me out it will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Question: Why?

Also, why when working on the block on the stand, did you have it on its side?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I like.. Keep the pic's coming!!! Wish you could speed the days up so i could see more! I dont know if i skipped it but.. what all are you doing to the motor? Keep us Updated.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
WHAT A DAY!... WHAT A DAY!

today is the day I dropped off my head and block to two different shops... lets just say we ran into some problems... should make a good post for tonight so for all you wondering what happened come back tonight and all will be up tonght after work. right now I am 1 hour late for work so as soon as I get home the story will continue, and for all you picture lovers I have alot for today too!

·
Registered
175 Posts
looking good for the tear down but one little piece of advice even though its to late now but you donot need a spring compesor to take off valve springs. At Honda we just use a 14mm deep socket and a hammer. Put a rag under the head balled up under the cylinder you are working on and then just center the socket over the retainers and hit it with a hammer the retainers will pop out and the spring will come off.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
bseckel on Feb/05/07 said:
looking good for the tear down but one little piece of advice even though its to late now but you donot need a spring compesor to take off valve springs. At Honda we just use a 14mm deep socket and a hammer. Put a rag under the head balled up under the cylinder you are working on and then just center the socket over the retainers and hit it with a hammer the retainers will pop out and the spring will come off.
yep I learned that in shop class as well real simple.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is really sweet to watch! Your doing all i ever want to do! It all seems so easy when your just looking at pix and reading!

This thread is now bookmarked, cant wait to see more!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Awesome pics and great build log. This just got bookmarked. I went through your whole thread but you didn't really mention your plans. Do you have any? I know I read that you are staying Na but are you porting the head, uppin the compression, what?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
CJ on Feb/05/07 said:
Question: Why?

Also, why when working on the block on the stand, did you have it on its side?
to answer your question the stand allows me to position the motor however I like and the block was on the side while I was removing some tubing and sensors.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
MORE PIX OF DAY oNE
of how we got the engine out in the first place

first off there was no way I was gonna lift that engine soo... I called a few bosnians
This is Emir and the guy taking the pic with his new phone is Dado

Emir inspecting the engine before the pull out

and more pix of the engine out

now for how we got it out we used the rope to tie it to the piece of wood by my foot and the rest is mentioned in my first post

Now I promised you guys an interesting update so as soon as the pix load on photobucket it will be up!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Sick pics man. Cant wait to see the nest set.

By the way, i recommend you give that engine bay a THOROUGH cleaning while the motor is out. Youll be glad you did!

21 - 40 of 1814 Posts