Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra Ls Automatic sedan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an acura gen 3 sedan with a b18b1 non vtec motor/ auto trans and I'm curious what modifications you guys would suggest for a daily driver... I dont plan to build a racecar.. but I would like a more powerful output.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Run about the same set up have a cold air intake header an exhaust then you can slowly upgrade after that just put in stage 1 cams from skunk an adjustable cam gear an it runs well

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
you could build an LS/VTEC, beef up the rear suspension and have a fun car. Larger rear sway bar, 1-1.5” Conservative lowering springs, white line (cheap) or pci (expensive) rear trailing arm bushings, some decent struts and you’re good

·
Registered
89 Posts
Besides obvious things like quality performance tires and suspension upgrades, that will make taking corners faster, the best upgrade for "free power" is a manual GSR trans swap. That way you actually have use of the entire power band. An obd1 ecu with a chip tune can net you additional power as well. But not a basemap. An actual tune from a tuner with a dyno. After you install the basics like intake, header, & exhaust of your choice.

For a manual swap you need : trans, shift linkage, t-bracket, And a manual ecu or an obd1 auto ecu converted. Just one resister to de-solder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... you may be the most teg educated member I have met... thank you for this I plan to put all of this into my budget plans for my baby

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your near the St Louis area take you on a quick ride this thing from 70-100mph pulls like a train! An still getting close to 30mpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's funny you say that I'm making videos traveling in my teg... if your interested we can schedule a st louis trip .... I have friends close by

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra LS Auto
4 Posts
I saw your posting. Our cars are identical, and it sounds like we are on simliar paths. Except that my engine is cashed and I need to swap it out, and while I do that, I'm definitely going to swap for a 5-spd from the AT. I'll be curious to see how you fare. Please do post what you learn. I have a call in to JDM in FL to see what options they have to do the swap. Once I have an engine that runs, I'll likely be doing some of the things that have been recommended to you. -good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine pulls hard threw all gears just has issues at idle do to the cams, But its a fun little car no I need it to loose weight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts