Team Integra Forums banner

The first day w/ your Teg...

3K views 42 replies 43 participants last post by  TheGSRGuy 
#1 ·
what was it like. I was jumping up and down (literally) in the salesperson's office after signing the papers and stuff. once i got in the car i visited every one of my friends albeit at work or home cuz i skipped school that day to pick it up and play w/ it. I think that night i bought the AEM CAI on the internet and a neuspeed front strut brace.

What about you?

#2 ·
After buying it I drove 3 hours down to Georgia Southern and then drove it to a party got drunk and had to let a girl/friend of mine drive it back to where we were staying hows that for a first day?

#3 ·
i remember taking it from the car lot going 80 following my mom to the insurance place to pay my first 2 months bill. right after that i went to my friends house to show him. oh yea, i was messing around with my car and my cousins who has a celica the same day then we left his dad's shop at 3:00 in the morning and we both got speeding tickets. i had my license for 7 months and drove a lot without ever getting a ticket then the day i got the Teg i got it. December 22.

#4 ·
When I first got mine, I was still new to the stick, so my mom had to drive it home, and I had to go to work. She promised to drop it off at my work and to get new insurance on it. I called to get the cheepest but needed the vin number so couldn't get insurance. That night my mom dropped off my car and wanted to know where I got insurane. I said no where new just going to stay at the same place. She asked if I called them. I hadn't. So she wouldn't let me drive it that night. The next day, she still had to keys, she took it to work with her. As soon as I woke up I called for insurance. So now I could drive it. I ran down stairs and to my horror it was gone. So I called my mom and yelled and yelled at her. Finally at 10:30 that night I got to drive it a half mile to show it off to my friends, but couldn't go any further. But the whole time it was so exciding to just sit in the car. I get a grin on my face every time I start it up.

#5 ·
i went right over to my friend Dom's house.. where he preceeded to call it a "chick car"

needless to say, windows were tinted and it was lowered 3 days later to "de-chickify" it.....

on day four i had the interior ripped out starting the audio system....... miss those days

#7 ·
i remember being home from school for christmas break, and my vw bus breaking down, *again*. i went to a bunch of dealerships looking for a celica, integra, or 5.0. i know those seem wierd, but at the time, my main goal was sound system, so i wanted a hatchback. i acutally test drove a gsr that was well within my price range, and only had 75k on it. i just didnt like it. i ended up driving in an rs at the acura dealership, and fell in love. the clutch grabbed at just the right spot, the shifts were quick, and i just felt right driving it. i ended up driving to statesboro to get some more of my things that night, and drove back that same day.

#8 ·
ahhh, first day I got my GS-R, I said my sad goodbyes to my truck (94 RAM), hopped in the teg, popped in my CD and left the dealership playing WAR "lowrider". My car was nice and shiny then the snow came. I went to my parents car, where they complimented me, went to my work to show off, they all loved. Picked up my friend Dan and cruised to some of my other friends houses. The snow hit hard and we had a massive snow storm (by now, my nice shiny car looked like ass), Driving it on the thruway was a nightmare with the storm, and I actually thought that I was gonna crash. In the end I made it home with my teg in one piece. What a scary night.

#10 ·
Drove, drove and drove some more. Took the afternoon off of work and got to know Gretchen. As soon as I sat in that car, I knew it was mine.

one bad note though....after having her for 30 minutes I was driving down the freeway and a rock hopped up and hit my hood. Left an unsightly ding/scratch, still trying to figure out what to do about that one.

I love my car.

#11 ·
I left work early that morning b/c the guy I had bought the car from drove it to me all the way from Ohio (I live in wichita, ks) and was going to arrive in town @ 8:00 am. When he pulled into my driveway all I could think about was what a beauty it was. The first thing I did was drive to my parents house to have them "bless" it (Asian tradition), then drove it to the tag office to get it registered, and then cruise with some buddies......fond sweet memories......

#12 ·
i had already ordered parts fo it, because i new weeks before that i was getting the car, so i brrought it right to my dads shop and put on new embelems, intake, and strut bar, then drove to my friends house to race him in his new Impreza....hahah that was the first day i lost a race in my car too.

#14 ·
I was sick of dealing with car dealers and knew there were only about 2 weeks left on the rebate on the teg. Put in a request on the web, got a call from the dealer 36 hours later, and two days after that got my beautiful silver teg. Had to work that day, but still put 60 miles on the car. It handled even better than I expected (the test drive wasn't a good demonstration).

When I told my family, my Dad and brothers got upset. "The integra is fast." My Dad kept saying, "Be careful, Barb, speed kills." lol I do drive faster.......but I smile more too!

#15 ·
LOL....the day I bought my car. I drove it about 5 miles down the street to my aunt and uncles to show them the new ride. Well later that night when I was leaving. I jumped in the teg and put in reverse, not knowing there was a car parked right behind. I hit the car and freaked. Didn't have insurance yet, nothing. Got out looked and saw no damage what so ever. Man was I releived. Stressful first day for me though.

#19 ·
i came home from college and my parents tell me, sorry, but we sold your car (91 toyota corolla). i'm freaking out cause i have no way to get to work and no way to get anywhere. the whole day i'm pissed till i fall asleep. my brother woke me up at around 1 am-ish. he said hey, your friend is outside. i'm all discombobulated and whatnot. i walk outside and see an integra thinking it was a friend of mine who got a paint job. to my surprise, i see my dad with a big smile on his face (he just got home from work at the hospital). still kinda woozy from sleep, i look at him and he says get in. i sit in the passenger seat. he gets in, brings me down a pretty quiet road and guns it. plus he has the radio blasting. i was just in shock, i couldn't say a word. next day, when i wake up (thinking it was all a dream), he says how do you like my new toy? i just looked at him with my eyes wide open and my jaw dropped (i've been wanting an integra since i was 10 years old because my cousin had a fully loaded 90 gs and i've loved tegs ever since). he tells me that i don't get to drive it. i'm like WHAT?!?!?!. however, with him driving that, that only means one thing.... i get to drive the truck (94 toyota 4x4 v6 sr5 lifted 3 inches- i LOVED this thing, it was in immaculate condition)!! well, year goes by, i go back to school (no car). i come home for the summer again and parents tell me, don't drive the truck, we're sending it to your brother in hawaii tomorrow. only thing i can think is "!!!!!!!!!!!" ended up sharing my mom's civic all summer (automatic ex, bleh). in november my parents get an AWESOME deal on an eddie bauer explorer. my mom keeps her car. my dad drives the explorer. FINALLY i get the gsr... finally i'm happy.

#20 ·
When i got my car, i didn't have my license.. had my permit.. so i didn't get to drive it home.. Then the next day, my family went out and i stole a set of the keys. Took it out on to the highway and went 110. I barely could handle the speed !!! Then i drove home finding out my mom was sittn' on the front steps about to yell at me for stealing the car and driving with a license !! The next day i put in a new stereo and started saving for my woofers =\

#21 ·
Nice stories =) My first day I got it I barely could drive stick, so I stalled quite a few times at intersections looking like a loser in a nice car! The car was red, already lowered, and had 2000 GSR rims when I bought it so I always noticed people staring at it. Well anyway when I drove it home I washed it, then drove it to my friends house without calling him up first. I honked the horn outside of his house, he came out and was in shock because before that I had a crusty grey '93 Mitsush*tty Galant. Well anyway he loved the car and we drove to one of my other friends house and he was in shock too. So the 3 of us drove to the bank and when I was leaving the bank I rolled backwards right into a truck because I sucked so bad at getting the car to move forward in first gear, thank god the trucks tow hitch only scratched my front bumper. Well after that we drove to some of our other friends' house and we all just chilled, then I drove my two friends home. By then it was dark outside and my tail light fuse/running light/dash light fuse was blown so I drove all the way home not really knowing how fast I was going, and everyone flashing me and pulling up to me saying my tails were out. Well I fixed the fuse when I got home, and my left leg was SORE from working the clutch all day after because I wasn't used to it. Fun day.

#22 ·
I almost wish I could forget my first day with my teg. It was my second day recovering from hernia surgery =(. Very painful. Regardless, my previous car was a toyota pickup with a hampster running in a wheel for an engine. Anyway I was asleep on the couch (the only place I could lay down without hurting) and I hear a REALLY LOUD engine rev in the front of the house. I had no idea what it was. A few seconds later, my dad comes through the door and yells to me to come see my new car. Despite the overwhelming pain, I got up and went outside and fell in love with my new teg immediately. My dad told me to get in and that we were going for a spin. First thing he did was shove it into reverse and pull out of the driveway really fast but then just sat in the middle of the road in our subdivion. He looked over at me and said "This is gonna hurt." True to his word, he slammed the accelerator to the ground and did a looooooong peel. I almost crapped my pants because of the pain and the incredible power that I knew was finally mine.

#23 ·
I had been lusting after my car for a full year before I got it. I knew the previous owner and it had already had the B18C1 swapped in(it's an EG). Pretty well built. Well, after getting him the 1000 dollar deposit, it took me another 6 months to come up with the 5000 I had left to pay for it. But, now it was mine. I went from driving my ex-wife's 93 Si to a true Hybrid terror. I spent the first day driving everywhere just trying to get used to it. Different creature all together. I must've used a full tank of gas the first day. I washed her, and talked to her while I sat at traffic lights. Am I obsessed? :)

#24 ·
After the dealer (we left at 11:00pm) I was driving like a old lady on the way back home (1-1.5 hour drive) that night my dad and mom stole the car for a drive through the night life of Wash Dc. The next day all my relative came over and saw it parked on my driveway. They were all shocked...

#26 ·
Hmmm.. Well I had a '90 Grand Prix GTP before.. I was driving it for about 5 years I was really attached to it. Despite the fact that the shocks were gone and the car was crashing over every small crack on the road. The handeling was pretty bad and the transmission was an asshole to shift! The day my car hit 280 000 KM it started giving major problems.. found out that the engine block developed a fracture thus the engine was losing compression. Was to expensive to fix so I started looking for another car. Dad and I sorted through mounds and mounds of AutoTrader day after day at 8 am!.. In the meantime, I was driving around a Rental Sunfire (really gutless car!)
Finally while I was at work my dad called me and said I should come take a look at this Integra at DownTown Acura. "An Acura?" geesh I didn't want a japmobile haha.. opinions changed accordingly as I arrived at the Acura dealership. There it was beautiful glisening in the sun deep metallic purple, leather interior, sunroof the works...Damn it was nice.. there was a crowd of people around the car admiring it! We bargined a damn good price for the car.. so I decided to go for it. only draw back is it 's Automatic,
*sigh* can't have it all! Anyway that my first day Integra story

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.