Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of 9-11...this has been a long and bumpy road of pain and patriotism...when i first found out that the attacks had happened i was in school and we wathced both towers fall...this has been a hard experience for many and especially me...my aunt, uncle, and cousin all passed when the first tower collapsed and were never found...i hope all will remember this anniversary as a remembrance of those who lost their lives, family members, loved ones, or friends...keep this day in your heart as the day America and the world came together as one with a resolve to fught terrorism in the name of those who lost their lives...i ask everyone of you to wear red whit and blue clothing tomorrow and say a prayer for the one's who have passed and for the safety of the world in the future...please be safe our armed forces, protecting the country we love so much...God bless America...USA USA USA USA!

EDIT: please no discriminating or racial comments...just not appropriate to this situation.

·
Registered
406 Posts
amen brother...sorry to hear about your loss. I remember sitting in french class 2nd period and another teacher came running in saying that a plane accidentally hit one of the towers...there are no words that can explain how i felt at that moment..but i will never forget all the innocent people that lost their lives...everyone else NEVER FORGET!
-Jon-

·
Registered
708 Posts
i was in my 2nd period as well, i thought it was a joke, then i turned on my shop teachers TV. right as the 2nd plane hit...then i stopped laughing and just sat down..didnt say much after that. i work at publix (supermarket) and they are giving us pins and stuff w/ flags on them..so ill be patriotic!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss man. It kinda touches home now. Everytime I see the video of those things burning an collapsing, I get so ticked off.

I was watching something on tv last night and some people found a safe stairwell that went all the way down in the second tower, but they couldn't tell anyone because all the radios didn't work correctly. Thats where a lot of the people died, the second tower. If they would have found that stairwell, the surviving people could have been much higher. It's too bad though. Things happen for a reason, I guess.

Always remember what happened.....and be thankful for those serving us right now trying to hunt down Bin Chicken and his little entourage...

Bless the USA.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Im still fighting the emotions myself. Whenever I think about it, my fists get tight and I get so mad my eyes water.

Im anxious about tomorrow, I pray that they dont do anything stupid... if they do, Im signing up as soon as I find out!

·
Registered
603 Posts
personally i'm from canada, but the relations canada and usa has, you can't help but feel the pain for those people that were there. i may not affect us too directly as much as our american neighbors, but any human being with any type of heart could feel the horror that happend on that day. no one will ever forget 9/11 if they lived through it.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Agreed, i will be attending a candlelight vigil at my school tomorrow night. At 9:00am tomorrow, everyone give a moment of silence. Our hearts go out to all those who lost loved ones in that tragic event. But justice will be served to those responsible - the great nation of the United States and the will of the people will bring those to justice and we will continue live forever, in peace and freedom.

From all of us at Team-Integra.Net, God bless and God bless America.

-Lawrence

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
ok guys i saw knightriders comments and edited them because they were out of line.

guys if you want to keep this topic open, and i know this subject does mean alot to you guys eventhough it has nothing to do with tegs, i am going to keep it open. but what i am getting at is lets try to keep our posts as responsible as possible, and ill just keep an eye out on this one.

please think before you guys post on this one about what you are saying and how it can affect other people.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hootb18 on Sep/10/02 said:
ok guys i saw knightriders comments and edited them because they were out of line.

guys if you want to keep this topic open, and i know this subject does mean alot to you guys eventhough it has nothing to do with tegs, i am going to keep it open. but what i am getting at is lets try to keep our posts as responsible as possible, and ill just keep an eye out on this one.

please think before you guys post on this one about what you are saying and how it can affect other people.
agreed..being prejudice does not make a bad situation any better...keep those comments to yourself...

·
Registered
836 Posts
I refuse to wear red, white, and blue tomorrow, it goes against my beliefs. Patriotism as a fad is even worse than being a patriot with no reason.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea i missed my ride to school that day and had to walk about 3 miles.. not to bad, it was a nice day. as soon as i got into my second period economics class and sat down, a teacher came in like two seconds later and told us to turn the tv on....after the second plane hit. i was really floored by the whole thing, my girlfriends dad commutes from rochester to NYC every week and lives home on the weekends, and he had an apartment about two blocks from Ground Zero, and he had a digital camera on him. just watching the footage and pics he took of that all was so powerful.. im hoping the world remembers september 11 2001 forever

God bless America

·
Registered
126 Posts
i was in computer class 2nd period and the teach had the new on or somthin and suddenly the mute went off and all u seen was smoke...every1 thought it was a joke at first till another teacher came in cryin...my school is doin a play on it, i will be wearin R,W,B! im sorry for any losses...i too lost som1 close to me...all the cars at this house are done in that foam stuff in R,W,B

-blue-

·
Registered
461 Posts
tomorrow is one of the days that will live on such as D-Day but everybody is talking about the towers falling but lets also remember the plane that went down in PA where the passengers tried to take back control. Thanks to all those who have lost their lives trying to defend us. i just hope that i can make them proud by serving in the armed forces the best i can. as i am shure that the rest of TI that are in the armed forces feel.

·
Registered
684 Posts
i was in my girl house watching t.v. and all of a sudden there was a so called accident in N.Y. and the next minute BOOM another plane crash in to the towers.then the pentagon then it was war . i live 20 min away from the pentegon, i was scared as hell.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Tim Sullivan is right.Don't be a fairweatehr patriot! Be a proud american everyday!

I remember seeing all those flags flying the first few weeks after the attack and again when we went into afghanistan. You couldn't drive around without seeing a flag sticker on anything from a hyundai to a mercedes.. the flags have been gone for a while, but i'm sure they will be there tomorrow. We take our freedoms and our rights for granted sometimes...people were nice to each other for a bit and everyone seemd to get along. After a few months, we've all gone back to cutting people off, not having time for others and generally falling back into old habits=our previous routine. 3000+ people died! Can you fathom the reality of that number?! it's such a horrible and tragic occurence..Flyinghighimport can relate to this event in a much more direct manner than most of us. His family was directly touched by this injustice to humanity, But as Americans, as human beings who feel, breathe and bleed...we should remember on a daily basis how incredibly lucky we are to live in a country with so many opportunities and freedoms! Not just tomorrow, but everyday of our lives...My condolensces on your loss flying high...my company lost a sales exec at the Marriott across the street from the WTC..the guy was only 32..

·
Registered
259 Posts
i dont know if you guys got the email going around, but theres a movement to drive around with your headlights on during the day as a sign of remembrance too.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts