Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us are not as privleged as some because we don't make a lot of money so we can't buy a gsr or type r. I am still in high school and my 1995 SE is all i could ask for at this point. I love to race but i don't like worrying bout cops so no street racing for me. Plus my insurance would like double. I want to go to the track but i do not want to run a 17 to 20 1/4 mile. I don't know if i should just go and see or wait till i have some performance items under the hood. She is a plane stock non vtec automatic. Nothing done differantly to engine or apperance cause i got no dinero. If you run a car similar to this you would be off some help if you just tell me what your average times are so i dpn't make a fool of myself. Thnaks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just go to the track and see what you run for times, You can only improve from there. Plus after you make some mods you'll see what improvements they made.
Practice makes perfect!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
id say you'd be high 16's low 17's. but like ati2ude said just go and have fun. you wont be making a fool out of yourself. no one is gonna care. and if they do thats their problem not your. just go have fun, try to improve. and see what those mods wehn you do get dinero do for you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
just go run...i am thinking low 17's...i was running high 17's and that is at 8k feet...you need a baseline to see some improvements...people understand you can't do everything right away

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Yup agreed. Yesterday was my first time Autocrossing (and hootb's) and we still ran with the rest of the pack pretty well. And we were basically all stock.

The guy who won the thing was talkin to my gf and she said that he asked her which car I was in and she told him. She also said it was my first time there and after watching one of my runs he said "You can't tell it's his first time, he's good." So that goes to show you not to underestimate yourself! GO! HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
461 Posts
go out and try it. i learned my first time at the track that most people won't make fun of you they will try to help you out. I gt a lot of support from people after i was kinda ticked because i ran a 16.2 in my gsr. but the more experience the better you get.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
RacerXintegra2k on Aug/07/02 said:
i ran a 15.8 on my 2k ls stock ... its 5sp though
Is that with the Michelin XGT's that came with the car?

I honestly think replacing those are the worst tires in history and that replacing them should vastly improve a run.

I hate peeling out when i'm not even accelerating fast.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The first time I went to the track with my stock 98 LS auto I ran a 16.7. I've sinced added an AEM cai and now run 16.5.

·
Registered
446 Posts
yep stock michillens all i did was remove the spare and my cds :)and i got a 15.8 i think there is room for improvment too because i got a 7.9 0-60 i chirped 2nd but i'm workin on it

ps: yea them stock tires screech alot but i launched at 3500 rpm and they stuck good ... at 4000 rpm it was a lil screech and at 4500 my car didnt grab.

·
Registered
90 Posts
16.5 bone stock 92 gs
but had bad launches on all my runs and running heavy (subs and seats still in)
It is a BLAST though i seriously suggest you go... if nothing else to see what it can do before you add your mods

·
Registered
422 Posts
I ran friday night with I/E and ran 16.4.. I have a 5speed it was also like 90. out side and vary muggy

1 - 20 of 47 Posts