Team Integra Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Today I will be pick up a switch and some wiring to convert my radiator I to a manual cooling fan for the tranny cooler. Stay tuned. I'll post some picks. I also need to drain a small portion of the tranny fluid and replace it. I'm also talking with some friends about adding better seat and harness to the car, but we shall see...she has no roll cage....yet..muhahaha!!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey guys. Had a chance to do some light work on the car today. With some help I wired up a manual fan switch to the radiator fan that is located near the tranny cooler. Also adjusted my ebrake. It still doesnt behave proper, hopefully I can figure out why it doesnt work quite right. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
After talking with my youtube buddy, he said the ebrake is operating correctly. I confirmed with a series of test drives. Really what it needs is a longer ebrake handle that is curved upward slightly so I can reach it easier. So that will be the next mod. Hopefully I will be posting pics of the switch for the cooling fan as well

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hey guys. Got the cooling fan switch wired in.Works well. Had a small issue last week. Forgot to remove the tensioner pulley when I removed the ac. It rusted off and got caught near my crank pulley. Thank fully no damage occurred other than a busted tensioner. I'm working on getting the new ebrake handle today with the help of a local welding/bending shop for my ebrake handle. I will post pics and more details when I've finished. It's almost track time! I've gotten a freind who recommended interstate raceway. They used to do alot of drag stuff, but it seems now they do lots of drifting. Ive emailed them and asked them a few questions. Hopefully all is good and I can have another track to go to, this one holds practices on fridays instead of wednesdays which will work much better.
That's all I've got for now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hello guys. Another small updated. Still working on the ebrake. In order to make sure I dont bump my shifter I've changed the knob to an easier to use one that is taller and thinner.
Also went to the junkyard and picked up a new hood. It will need sanding and repainting. I will attache a picture of the shifter. I've also adjusted the brake bias to less aggressive, as long as I'm using the ebrake it wont need such a heavy rear bias. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi guys. Attached is a picture of my new e-brake handle going in the integra. Also did an oil change, replaced wipers, and fixed an issue with my brakes squealing when hot. Next thing I need is door latch from a junkyard, and to install my ebrake and sand/paint my hood so I can put on the new hood. I will also be altering one of the old wings I have, it used to rattle really bad, I'm hoping this will make the car look better, not rattle and maybe increase rear down force a little. I'll post pics when any of the last 3 items is finished.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hey guys, just got new ebrake installed. It does help with drifting and transitions, though I'm still new to using it. I instinctively drift without it, but this should make it easier to chain drifts together, add more aggressiveness and angle to the slide, as well as provide less brake wear to the front brakes when drifting. Typcally by drifting with just the pedals, my brake booster runs out of braking pressure about half way through elongated corners, so this will also give another way to brake when the booster is running out. Since it only generates alit of the pressure at low rpms, when high winding through a corner, it just runs out so fast. Anyway, more testing to be done, and a wing and hood to clean up and put on.

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
@Beerry2 thank you! It's totally custom. Scrap Dom steel from the shop I work at, a custom shop nearby did the bending, a boffering buddy weaved and taped the rope handle for grip.

@everyone= working on replacing the hood which came up during a track visit and has since then been quite unaerdynamic. I have junkyard hood off of a retired ex hornet class dirt Track racing integra. It's not perfect. Some of the welds are broken and it has hail damage.i'm painting it blue. Stayed tuned for pics! Tires are also on the menu!! Later!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hi guys. Small update here. In process of replacement hood with a junkyard hail damaged one. But it's not a bad as my current one, which is collapsed from come the hood coming up at the track. Also removed the gas door, cable and lever because they stop functioning. Cable broke and lever too. After finishing the hood painting, I need to clear coat, mount it, and fit it for hood pins. After that I am working on a larger wider wing. I'm going to modify the old big one by widenng the posts, also been adding components to prevent the wing from rattling. I have worked out a deal where my boss is allowing me to take off necessary time to go to drift practice this year. I'm finally going to start drifting with her on a regular basis....until I break it..lol...anyway stay tuned for more!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
@deesautohouse Thanks! I love the car, it's abut to roll over 200,000 miles. I'll keep the post going as long as I can keep the car going. I like being able to look back at my posts as a record and hopefully others can learn from me as well. It's always nice to hear and get feedback from others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow its graet work..good luck.Drifting, on the other hand, is far more difficult to learn. First, you need to know how to drive before you can drift. Second, the required skills needed in drifting are more complicated than the ones you need to start driving. You need hours and hours of practice to get the proper techniques of drifting. more information on Sodium Hypo Chlorite.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It just recently rolled over 200,000. I've been dailying her til I got new plates on my actual daily. Now finally with things warming up I can get start on some of the projects.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hi guys, it's been a while. The car is having some issues lately with its doors. One window is stuck, and the drivers idea door won't unlock, once locked, and some exhaust plates are rattling real bad. I also had issues with the gas door. So I removed it and the switch. Put a locking gas cap on and called it good. Needs new tires before winter too.
I have been working on replacing its smashed in hood. Been gathering parts and materials, and getting the hood ready. Here is progressive shots of my work. This was an old dirt Track race cars hood I got out of Rohnert salvage. Apparently it won first overall that year, figure I could use the MOJO. But it was covered in hail, and the paint was rotting off and rusted. I sanded the whole hood with my brothers help...this was a ****ing pain. Then after I used paint and prime in one. I also cut off the hood latch on the bottom. I didn't have much in the way of paint..I just used what I had. 2 coats blue, 2 coats different dark blue to match vars other fixed pieces. The last shot where you see it is dark blue is also with 2 clear coats. I think 1 more coat and that's it, I have the new hood pins that are goin on. In a few weeks it'll receive the hood upgrade. I also put a pic in as the car is now.
Also I just wanted to say, I've gotten some cool comments over the years and i appreciate the encouragement. I love this car, it still drifts great!. I've moved over to Instagram posting more often than I update here. You can find me at fast_foward_racing on Instagram. Thank you so much!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts