Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Finally got to the track, a friend tagged along. They didnt have drifting, and we had arrived late so we went to do a few pulls on the drag strip. Got lost, found my buddy, cars battery failed inspection...and so did i... apparently you cant wear sleeveless shirts in 90 degree weather with your car buttoned up. I was nervous as this was my first time here. When I got up to the line I didnt understand how their light tree worked...they let me do one pass only because I had already paid..unfortunately I had forgotten to put the hood pins in after inspection...no one said anything....anyway...you can imagine what happened next....shattered the front window, bent the pillars and collapsed the part of the roof that the sunroof fits into....I'll post pictures when I have some time. The last drift event in my area is the 9th...which I cant make unless it can be fixed by then....not likely. So assuming I can fix the window frame it will get a few upgrades...new hood- probably a carbon fiber one and also probably a battery tie down kit. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is most of the damage. The sunroof doesnt work, window frame warped, passenger side wiper is toast, hood is toast, and obviously the windsheild.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey guys, just got the car estimated...seems like this might be the end of the line. If I cant find a good body shop or mechanic to do the work under 3k I will be putting it up for sale as a parts car....if anyone watches this...please help me come up with some options. I dont wanna lose her but I cant afford to fix that kind of damage. Otherwise if your interested buying my setup I have some extra parts...some stock...some junk, and some aftermarket that I will be throwing in with the whole car...thank you guys so much. It's been fun being part of this community...i really fell in love with this car. It suck that when i finally got to the track, my lack of experience caused me to epicly fail the car. I was nervous, lost, confused a little. Anyway....thanks again you guys...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I spoke to a front wheel drift guy from australia, hes a youtuber, he advised me to just put a new window in my self and fix the sunroof.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wow the craziness...so neither of the previously mentioned options happened. Still have the car. My neighbor, bob, it turns out is a muscle car geek of old...loves corvettes and has done tons of drag racing in his life. After talking and sharing stories, I showed him the damage...where he promptly gave me the name and number of a guy who will replace the window for 250$. So I'm dropping the car off tonight and picking it up tomorrow. The sunroof will stay ****ed up for now...but it still opens...just doesnt close nice... the next thing I have to do is install a dam battery hold down kit so I can pass track inspection.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
The windsheild has. Even replaced...cost me 270$ total. Tom's windsheild repair gets an A+. Nice job! Next up is battery tiedown kit...sept 10th it arrives and after that I'm planning to get another hood of some kind...maybe a cheap OEM one for now. Thank god for neighbors that are well connected, muscle car guys!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The woman wanted to take the car today. She backed into a curb and broke the brackets holding up the exhaust, bent the pipe so it sags about an inch off the ground. It ll hopefully get fixed next week...kinda a bummer. Anyone still have a 4 to 2 to1 header they wanna sell, I might put one in, since i gotta get down there anyway.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So my impatience got the better of me, mistake number one....I decided to cut the exhaust short so I could drive it...and in doing so punched a tiny hole in the gas tank.....and while I managed to get the exhaust out I lost a little gas but eventually managed to plug the hole temporarily with silicon. I doubt it'll hold long..but hopefully long enough....after talking some friends I've decided to pay the stupid tax and have it replaced. Now I just have to find someone who'll do that kind of work.

·
Registered
1992 Honda CB7 Accord Sedan H22 DOHC VTEC 90 DA integra front conversion
4 Posts
Howz it fellow Honda/Acura enthusiasts while i dont actually have an integra i do however have a 4th gen CB7 Accord Sedan with a 90 DA integra frontend conversion. I'm from Honolulu Hawaii. My car is built, tuned, driven by me and I daily it and nightly do Touge Runs, tandem driftslides, as well as time attack battles. JDM H22A DOHC VTEC and 5 speed swapped yonaka stage 2 full adjustable race drop strut coilovers aluminum 3 row radiator acura cl 16x6.5 chrome 6 spoke wheels with 205/50R16 valera as sport tires.

DACB7 Gold wrap.png PicsArt_08-11-07.02.49.png 2011 then and now 2020 CB7.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
My brakes are literally on fire by the end of our night

fire brakes.jpg IMG_20190116_123917_284-1.jpg

here are my documented battle times for the usual set uphill battle time attack in patchy wet/dry road conditions zero traffic with spotters at start mid and finish for safety
Screenshot_2018-07-25-08-22-48-1.png Screenshot_2018-07-29-09-25-35-1.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
with tandem drift sliding a mountain pass with a bunch of RWD Miatas, 240's, and AE86 and us guys going all out tryina keep high speed great angle and closeness there have been spin outs some overshots and even flat tires to drifting bare rim i mean being an FF drift slider out in front downhill with the RR guys following up there's was nothing i could do but keep that energy and momentum goin. yes i have crashed, thats why i did an integra front conversion. it was availabe and only costed $100.

received_2448253165456713-1.jpg 20200802_144306.jpg received_642561723028268.jpeg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@KrAx78 it's always nice meeting a fellow fwd drifter. Everyone I've met have been unique in their own right as well as their rides. Yours is no exception. I've watched some of the videos you posted, nice job. This post was made to illustrate how to do a fwd build with an integra, but I like having others around and I love to learn from other drivers...so please feel free to post here. To be fair my integra has side skirts and a door hinge from an accord so mines also part accord..lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So today I got my battery tiedown...installed it, and broke the ground doing so. So I fixed that as well. And ordered the parts for the gas tank swap. Next, I'm looking for a 4-2-1 header for the car. Since the exhaust is toast anyway, might as well upgrade it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So I picked up my car yesterday. It's got a new gas tank. I am working on fixing the right taillight with pigtail from amazon. One of the back up lights need replacing and the exhaust needs to be fixed, since it's going to the shop anyway I figured I'd swap out the header for a better one. I was looking on ebay..there is alot of options. I want a 4-2-1 header. Do I spend the money on a one piece or just get a 2 piece? Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So I bought a cheap 4-2-1 header, I will be scheduling that after parts arrive.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts