Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah I know guys, I'm gonna get hate, but what can I say, I love to drift, and rwd cars in my area are expensive and my skills are in fwd so I'm making the most of it. I'm a left foot braker which is important when considering my build.

The car has just had another round of repairs and upgrades which took nearly 1.5 years. Upgrades include eccp full coilovers, energy polyurethane bushing kits for everything on the underside nearly except for a few bits, 24 mm sway bar, asr subframe brace, new battery, plugs and wires, new door handle, new oil plug, new oil sending unit,actually 3 of those, the first 2 went out after a week each, car was lowered to .5 inches under stock, added new spoiler, other one provided too much down force.

The next round is being done by a motorsport company and this will make or brake the build.

I talked to them about welding a new floor in...there is currently a dinner plate sized hole right under the pedals.
None of this is final yet but the current plan is to add a second set of calipers to the rear of the car, remove the factory parking brake and installing a hydraulic ebrake to the second set. The first set of calipers is going to be made bigger. I may go with the type r no bs bolt on kit, ( typer calipers,mini cooper rotors, acura tsx 04- 08 brake pads) and the very absolute thing I need for this build- an adjustable prop valve for the brakes so I can send more of the stopping power to the rear on the track( so i dont burn off the front brakes ) and go back to road safe for the drive home. The car doesnt have a trailer so I have to be able to street drive the car too.
It's possible I'm going to need to add/ change the master cylinder, and possible a brake booster eminator( these help you not lock the tires when getting upwards of 80% and higher of the braking limit.)
I have some other plans in mind too..but I haven't talked with anybody yet about the feasibility of adding an lsd, but I cant afford all of this at once so I'm focusing on a 1 to 2 systems at a time to make sure they are tested and what I want before moving on. I may need to stiffen the rear a bit more, it doesnt have a rear strut tower brace yet, and I need a set of mismatched tires, the wider the better in the front, and the thinner the better in the back. This is because I cant change my turn in angle by adding steering knuckle extensions like a propper rwd drift car, so I have to make the front stable, grippy, and wide as possible. Fortunately the long body of the integra makes it a great platform for shifting weight, and getting the rear to come out.
Anyway, that's all I've got for now. Feel free to post your opinions, but this post is mainly for others who want to do this but dont know where to start.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After bringing Raven ( my integra's name)to the shop and talking with the guy I decided to scale back the upgrades do to cost. They will still be done, just at a more affordable level. So first up is the hole in the floor and the brake bias proportioning valve. I can't say the shop owner was enthused about putting drift car gear on a lowly ff, but I bit my tongue and just kindly asked if he would do it...his reaction was basically dont waste the money, get a real car, but he willingly accepted upon my promise of cash. I know why people say things like this, I own and drive a brz...but I cant say I have the same skill drifting it. FF Drifting feels way more controlled..and I love a challenge. I dont really care what it's technically called, I'm not trying to invalidate anyone else's skill, i just simply love driving at the limits, and this little tegra does that. It's not even a manual, and she goes plenty sideways already.

I will need to test the prop valve mod after it's done before determining if I will need bigger rear brakes....however this may need to wait till I can get the mismatched tires...thats where the combination of nearly locking rear brakes, and managing the oversteer will prove effective. I will be getting car back in a week. Stay tuned...im gonna post my findings here on the brake bias valve and its effectiveness both before and after tires.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts