Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to remove my cat. I plan on buying a cheap test pipe of ebay. My question is will a no name test pipe make a difference between a well known company like skunk2. I couldnt see it making a difference. Thanks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
not to be an ass...but its not worth it unless you are in some serious FI. NA it is not worth killing the environement for ur 3 hp....and its probably illegal and will make ur exhaust a lil more ricey.

ryan

·
Registered
829 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Oct/05/07 said:
It's a tube with two flanges on it, there's really no difference.

Name-brand ones may fit better and use better welds though.
could not be more correct. Chances are it wont be straight the flanges that is and the O2 sensor will be on the wrong side.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If you go no name it won't matter because it's an empty tube, as a matter of fact, if you know a little about welding you could make it yourself.

Get a hi flow though, until you seriously build your motor, you won't need to be cat-less.

·
Registered
119 Posts
dont spend the extra cash on a reputable test pipe...theres basically no difference. If i were you, i wouldnt even bother taking your cat off....are you going for more hp? what are your goals? you can prob purchase something better for hp goals then what you are thinking

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
well man i went to do it at bout 6 oclcok or so and well the cats dam old ill tell you that so i put some rusoleum **** and such but didnt have the time do to a meet local i should be doin it today ill tel you how it goes, but man if your only have jackstands becareful or jack it up ause if your a big guy it gets a bit tight under there

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
get a high flow cat i promise you the only thing you'll be missing over the test pipe is the horrible smell, the stupidly ricey sound, and a ruined enviroment.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
well jsut did the test pipe and im gonna say man dont do it unless ur exhaust is good. i got a n1 muffler its not worth the sound. forget environment it ruins the sound by far. im gonna sell it asap or do my new exhaust after winter

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.