Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2000 gs, and I've had a weird temp issue for a while. My gauge doesn't sit where it should. It usually goes above half when Idling. When I'm driving and get on the highway it will rise above half as well, it doesn't overheat but seems to run warmer than usual. I've replaced almost all my cooling parts(thermo, water pump, rad, rad cap, head and manifold gaskets, temp sensors, and switches as well) any help would be useful

·
Registered
20 Posts
How long is "when idling"?
Check the lower vs upper rad hose for heat - they should both be hot when your fans come on. If lower is cooler n squishy while top is scalding and pressurized thermostat isn't open.

I had a sticky thermostat. Didn't over heat unless I did a hard mountain drive or sat in drive thru line for 30+min idling.

Other thing would be how did you burp it for air bubbles after refilling?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long is "when idling"?
Check the lower vs upper rad hose for heat - they should both be hot when your fans come on. If lower is cooler n squishy while top is scalding and pressurized thermostat isn't open.

I had a sticky thermostat. Didn't over heat unless I did a hard mountain drive or sat in drive thru line for 30+min idling.

Other thing would be how did you burp it for air bubbles after refilling?
Both of my hoses are normal. And I have a mechanic with a machine for coolant, automatically sucks the air out of the system

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You need an OBD2 scanner to see what exactly the coolant temp is. You may not have an issue at all. Without knowing the exact temp, you and all of us could be chasing a non-existent problem.
Well ik it runs hot, because I can feel the heat. But I might replace my thermostat again, as it did it before my head gasket. My head stopped my car from overheating, but now it just gets hot and doesn't sit where it should

1 - 14 of 14 Posts