Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
I'm thinking of buying the Tein Flex coilovers for my DC2. I'm somewhat of a suspension novice and need some advice. Is there anything else I need to buy along with the Tein Flex kit in order to install these puppies and have a good, clean, functionable ride (ie. camber kit, etc.)? And for anybody else who has these or the Super Street kit give me some feedback on your experience with these kits. If it helps, I'm going to have them professionally installed so yeah. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have the SS kit, and a front camber kit is needed (I used the "washer trick" in the back started with 1 washer on each side, and was there during the alignment with a few other washers until we got it just right). You may want to just go ahead and buy 2x LCA bolts, because those always break.
That's about it for needed parts.
I also got a full ES bushing set, and replaced all bushings while working on my suspension...i figured I was in there anyways, so why not make more work for myself! The instal is quite easy for the tein, but the bushings were a pain to torch+cut out!

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Front/Rear Camber kits

The install isn't a big deal. I've done a suspension swap before....it's fun....I'd do it, myself and pay for the alignment.

But hey....I enjoy that sort of thing!

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
I have tein flexs on my car at the moment, as well ask skunk2 front and rear camber kits and a comptech rear sway/tie bar combo.

Ok, install by yourself, should probably take like 4 hours, its really easy.

For sure, you have to get camber kits with that, plus they are more fun to tweak with and setup your car the way you want for your specific road conditions.

I run a 8/10 shock setup, comptech bar on hard setting, and negative camber max on rear while front is as much as possible without hitting the teins.

www.modacar.com

Got mine for 1300 shipped I believe, plus around 400 for camber kits. Comptech bar is around 400 used now adays....rare stuff.

Definitely adjust the coilovers to a higher ride height than what they come as..because that ride height is quite scary, and a lot to worry about when driving around town. My radiator support got quite a few scratches for the 3 days I had it like that, and not to mention my camber was on the plus side of 3 (negative)...slooooowww steering reaction until high speeds..

Lates.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
8/10 shock setup? you got the jdm rates? cuz the usdm tein flex are 9/4 spring rates.

Anyways, make sure which FLEX you get. IF you buy used check if it's for ITR or non-ITR. They all fit but the ITR spec requires that you buy ITR rear LCAs which is what I have to do but it's all good.

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
No no...you read that wrong. The SHOCK settings are 8/10.

The spring settings for our cars are 10k/7k which I have...but I have my shock settings setup for a bit of oversteer, which is nice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Installation of FLEX is very simple. heck...i have ingalls camber kits. and blox LCA's to make it easier for me. But definitley go get new LCA bolts. Found that out the hard way...luckily that was remedied that day. while you're at it, go ahead and replace your trailing arm bushings and sway bar bushings. 3 birds in one stone kill right there. it's easy to press in the trailing arm bushing. suspension is just simple geometry, as far as i know. can't tell you how to install pistons in a teggy. But i'll tell you as much as i know bout her suspension!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.