Team Integra Forums banner

701 - 704 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #702
Car looks really good man and those wheels are spot on. You still going to school at Auburn?
I'm at Southern Union right now but yeah I still live in Auburn

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #704
Well, I'm finally setting my mind to fix this damn shaking!

From what I can remember, it started doing it after I did my 5 speed swap. Car used to shake under acceleration, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear, but is fixed now probably from swapping to Raxles axles, bushing kit, and a handful of other suspension parts that were fixed/replaced.

While that's all and good, I still have this horrible shake starting lightly around 65mph and anywhere above 70 is terrible. I mean door panels and steering wheel VISIBLY shaking and me and anyone else in the car can definitely notice it.

Now, both the first 5-speed trans and this one weren't/aren't in fantastic condition. They both whine, little grabby going into gears sometimes grinding, and overall just not great. Which brings me to how the first one failed. It was definitely caused by the diff because when I pulled that trans you could reach your finger in the and flop it around freely with your finger. That, and the car would not roll an inch even with the clutch pressed in.

So, I'm starting to think that both my transmissions either have bad diffs or the bearings that support it. One way I believe this is that on both transmissions, the inner passenger side axle has a fair amount of play inside the transmission. Not just a little wiggle, I mean if the car is in the air and you rotate the wheel, you can watch the axle wobble as it spins. The driver side into the intermediate shaft has some play as well, but from looking at videos on Youtube it doesn't seem excessive.

Basically, does anyone have any experience with this issue? Or know a more concrete way to diagnose it?

I'm planning on rebuilding either this trans or finally just getting the hydro conversion over with and dumping the money into a 3rd gen LS trans (which I have a OBX-R LSD for that can also be put into the cable with some light modification to the inside of the case).

Either way, **** is costly. The Synchrotech carbon rebuild kit w/out slider sleeves is $400 alone, plus another $400 or so in labor to have it installed.

Thanks everyone!

701 - 704 of 704 Posts