Team Integra Forums banner

681 - 700 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Well the car got towed home today and we also started the process of taking the head off. Honestly so far it hasn't been too hard. The head bolts are on there pretty good and the extension and socket we were trying to use started bending a little too much so we decided to call it for a night and pick up an impact socket and extension tomorrow. Here's a couple pics

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Hey man,
Long time no speak. Good to see you are still working with passion on your car. Ups and downs, but thats life. Keep it up man.
also, you ever figure out that shake on acceleration issue you had?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
Uhhh yeah I think it was a mix of cheap axles and maybe bad tires. I can't remember what wheels I had on the car at that time. And yeah man thanks for checking in! Not many people comment on the thread anymore so it's good to get some feedback once in a while

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #684
Sorry for not checking in for so long. Basically the car hasn't changed much. Raised it some and looking into trading wheels. So far I haven't been too successful haha. Ordered another axle from Raxles today in preparation of Import Alliance and SouthrnFresh: Welcome to Alanta! Supposed to be in by the end of the week, so I've got time :) Here's a pic that I snapped one day on campus! Also, went to the track the other night with some friends and did a couple runs. Finally broke 15's! Ignore the reaction time of course as it was just practice and I only did 3 runs. Wheel hopping like crazy, probably because I never dropped the pressure in the tires so I was still at 35psi haha. Here's a pic of the time slip as well. Stay classy G2ers. I'll try and check in more often!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
Well I got my rear tires swapped, camber wear was pretty bad haha. Also FINALLY figured out why my car shakes between 70-80mph while installing my new Raxles axle yesterday. I think before it was ****ty axles, but now it's this:

Yeah, that's my diff bearing if I'm not mistaken. It's not doing too well haha. I guess that also explains why I can wiggle my axle a little bit. Going to just buy a new trans this summer. Hopefully this POS will hold off until then. Only about a month or so to go before I'm out of school. Also a pic of the tires. Getting the fronts swapped this week to. Hopefully I'll be rolling on new wheels after Import Alliance this coming weekend.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Pics from IA!

And new wheels! Going to get the retarded amounts of camber corrected this week probably and then in the near future I'll repaint them to a nice silver!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
Got a couple more pics from some people. Excuse the chipping paint in the bay and the tape on the windshield. I had a sign on there saying my wheels were for trade but when the guy took the pic it had blown off haha

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #689
Ordered a BWR rear camber kit today so hopefully within the next week or so I can get this ridiculous camber straightened out. Also thinking about raising the car a hair more before. Any suggestions on a camber setup? I was thinking -1.5 front and -1 rear.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #694
Camber kit in and aligned to -2 front and -2.5 rear. Handles MUCH better now. On another note, I'm getting a strange clunk form the front end (what sounds like the driver side) when turning at low-ish speeds. I'm suspecting the ball joint in my eBay camber kit has finally crapped out. Here's a few pics from recent! Two in the parking lot alone are from when I was scoping the place out for a possible fall meet location the car group I'm in is organizing and the two with the some of the gang are after we finished barbequing and went to a downtown area to snap some pics before heading to a classic car meet.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #695
Turns out the clunking was my front left camber arm. The sliding ball joint came loose so I pulled it back out all the way again (how we did it when we aligned it, both sides ended up right at -2) and tightened it down and the other side. Also found out my passenger wheel bearing is in pretty bad shape. I can shake the whole wheel around a good bit. Going to get another bearing and pull the hub off and take it to Car Quest and let them press the new one in. Don't feel like dealing with it myself.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #696
Well, been lazy about updating this, but here's some news! Transmission blew up! Haha. Started making some noises while turning and I could feel the fighting me trying to pull the other way. Borrowed a friend's 240 to go to work and later that night when he dropped me off at my place I told him to hop in to hear the noise. Made it 300 yards out of the neighborhood and shifted into 2nd a little hard (was used to driving his hydraulic trans) and **** just went kabloom. Pretty sure the bearing on the passenger axle/diff failed and it all just came apart. Blew a hole in the bell housing and puked all the oil out. Towed it to a friend's house and left it there. Luckily, the day before I went to Georgia and picked up a new trans! Now I'm using the 92-93 big spline versus my old small spline. Also, turns out when I did my clutch when I 5-speed swapped, I was sent a 92-93 clutch kit instead of a 90-91 and being a n00b I didn't catch the play that the disk had on the input shaft (for those who may not know, small spline is 1/32" smaller diameter). Sooo, 3 of the 6 springs in the disk had failed, the flywheel had marks all around it where it had been skipping on it, and the disk itself was almost completely worn out after like 10k miles. Ordered a new one though, so that's what I'm waiting on momentarily.

In conclusion, right now the car has the trans out, new one is cleaned and almost ready to go in. Have to get the bolts for the front trans mount because the old ones were stripped and I was apparently missing on of the bolts that goes through the t bracket in the rear.

On a better note though, the fart can is gone! Got it chopped off and had a DC Sports tip welded on. Just one of the cheap ones from VatoZone, but the guy sealed up the little holes that the clamps ran through so it's all good.

Here's a few pics:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #697
Scored a new set of wheels yesterday! 16x7 +42 5Zigen Pro Racer GN+'s in hyper black with 205/45 tires with ~1000 miles on them, so pretty much brand new. Wheels have a scuff here and there and a couple chips but look flawless from 3ft away. Oh, and I only paid $500 ;) when they sell for $270 EACH new without tires

681 - 700 of 704 Posts