Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened to me as well. As I read these stories about cars stolen and broken into, i felt sad and prayed it would never happen to me, well that day came today. I attend the University of MAryland, College Park, and when I went to get my car form the pparking lot to go home for a little bit, i realized my alarm wasnt working form a distance. I was semi-uneasy. As I got close I realized my hood was poped and my stereo was gone, my things in the glove box thrown everywhere. Basically they got the new Sony Xplod Head Unit form me ($350), they stole my Alpine Alarm (~$250...yes I know its Ironic that they stole the alarm) and just cut some other wires, luckily my car wouldn't start and they could not steal it, but they did get the SUV parked next to mine, and there was tons of shattered glass on the ground. They got into my car smoothly, which pisses me off.......So now insuranc eis telling me they only cover $500 which wont even pay for my radio and new alarm let alone installation. I am just very pissed and sad. MY future plans, include : New Alarm, Club, Hood relocation, fuel cutoff, that system where your car is tracked by police if it is stolen or whatever, and any other f*cking device out there. P.S. I also have 20% tint, which the cop pointed out and was like "Jeez they still saw stuff through that dark tint?", so I suggest you take the neccesary precautions as to not end up like me. Thanks for letting me vent.

-Brian

·
Registered
91 Posts
Man, I'd be pissed if I had a little nick on my car from some other dumbass who doesn't know the distance between my car and their car door. That really sucks too, but it seems to me they were just in it for your deck. =/ And about your alarm.. That's just odd. But the car is, of course, the most important thing. :)

And I think that tracking thing is called Lojack.. I wouldn't really invest in this myself, because by the time you realize the car is gone it could be stripped of everything and you could only be tracking an empty shell. As for me, I just have the club for now. =/

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That sucks your stuff got stolen and your insurance screwed you out of some $$$, but don't relocate your hood...then your engine will get all wet when it rains. ;)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Scott64 on Apr/17/04 said:
That sucks your stuff got stolen and your insurance screwed you out of some $$$, but don't relocate your hood...then your engine will get all wet when it rains. ;)
Relocate the hood??? I think he wants to do the cable relocate like in the TI articles.

·
Registered
611 Posts
...but don't relocate your hood...then your engine will get all wet when it rains. ;)

Quote: BLikeWhoa on Apr/17/04 MY future plans, include : New Alarm, Club, ----->Hood relocation<-----, fuel cutoff, that system where your car is tracked by police if it is stolen or whatever, and any other f*cking device out there.
I didn't notice this line until I read Scott64's post, and went back to check the original post, and sure enough it was there. Its funny how as I read the passage, my brain automatically read, corrected, and understood latch relocation. Very funny none the less.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I know what it meant...I just thought it was funny the way it was worded.
no no, I know that you know what it meant, I just thought your subtle sarcasm was hilarious!! I just didn't catch it the first time I read the post, but your comment tipped it off. Good times

·
Registered
611 Posts
opeth13 on Apr/17/04 said:
Quote: Scott64 on Apr/17/04...but don't relocate your hood...then your engine will get all wet when it rains. ;)
Quote: BLikeWhoa on Apr/17/04MY future plans, include : New Alarm, Club, ----->Hood relocation<-----, fuel cutoff, that system where your car is tracked by police if it is stolen or whatever, and any other f*cking device out there. I didn't notice this line until I read Scott64's post, and went back to check the original post, and sure enough it was there. I totally missed it the first time. Pretty funny stuff.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea, i will be purchasing the club today and starting to get it back to normal. and yes i meant the cable, not the entire hood ...lol but ill give you that it was funny to go back and read it.

-B

1 - 16 of 16 Posts