Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to build a small turbo system for my car and a Friend of mine gave me a td05-12a turbo!
My question is will this be a complete waste of time or can I get a moderate boost with this!

·
Registered
693 Posts
That will do ya man...about all ya can get out of that lil baby but spool quicker than tick on a dog in the TEXAS summer heat !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another opinion givin to me was that the turbo is going to restrict my exhaust flow too much in the top end!Is this true?
would porting the turbo help?
any opinions appreciated!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I also have a friend that is willing to give me one of these turbos. Is there a manifold that will fit??? Or do I need to have it fabricated??? It would help if anyone has this setup or knows of anyone with the setup.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
No. A manifold must be fabricated. The cylinder head of the 2.6litre StarQuest was at BEST flowing only about 260cfm. It was made for low end grunt only because of the engine design. That's why you see them being given away for cheap, even the StarQuest guys don't like them..

You'll get low end grunt up to about 4000, then it just heats up. There's no top end in it whatsoever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts