Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 integra gs-r and a bunch of people are telling me that i have an ls tranny in my car because it says s80. i though all 95 up integras said s80 on them. does anyone have the transmisson codes for the different b-series transmissions.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/bseries.html

^that chart shows the GSR as having the Y80 (S4C)

... however i read somewhere else (cant find the link) that earlier GSR's came with S80... the code doesn't reflect the internal gearing. if S80 transmissions were bad news... why does the ITR have one

check out the gear ratio calculator to figure out what rpm you should be at for any particular gear (you should be concerned with 2,3 & 4th) and match that to how your car actually is. keep in mind, the numbers given are exact mathmatical numbers, and don't take tire wear, wind resistance, incline, etc. into the calculation, so they may be off by a little bit.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
wind resistance, incline, etc, doesn't affect gearing.

tire wear would be only one... but it would be too small to worry about.

if you're running bald tires, there's other calculators on the web that actually let you input a measured diameter, instead of relying on tire manufacturer to be right.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
DaBoyNBlu on Feb/02/04 said:
wind resistance, incline, etc, doesn't affect gearing.

tire wear would be only one... but it would be too small to worry about.

if you're running bald tires, there's other calculators on the web that actually let you input a measured diameter, instead of relying on tire manufacturer to be right.
doh! time to study some more.

what other factors play into the calculator not being accurate to real world performance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts