Team Integra Forums banner

tananbe RM vs. apexi N1

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  sonic 
#1 ·
i use to have a civic SOHC with a N1 muffler with custom piping with no resonator, will the N1 full catback sound the same as that? Witch sounds better, louder, the N1 or RM? its going to be on a GSR.

#14 ·
a resonator is that fat part of the pipe thats in your exhaust , its to hard to explain in technical terms, what it does is takes the raspiness out of your exh. note. for example after you put a header on your car or a test pipe you get that extra twang that can start around 3500 rpms or so, well it takes that sound out and gives it a mellow sound. in laymans terms.

#16 ·
Nearly all of the questions that have been asked in this thread could have been answered by reading Surfer's article.

Don't focus on brand names or single parts. Specifications of each exhaust systems are key in addition to choosing a complete system that fits your peak power output, desired powerband, budget, etc.

#17 ·
its the same exhaust with different mufflers as mention by SurferX..

but i have heard both on integras... and the RM is wayy too damn loud if you ask me...

i have the N1 and its not as loud as ppl say... it makes a sweet noise that I love and alot of ppl compliment me saying that exhaust isnt obnoxiously loud but sounds great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.