Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done the best research that I can (searched other integra forums, googled it, and used the "advanced search" feature on TI.net) and have found basically no feedback on the Tanabe Sustec Pro FIVE coilovers.

Tanabe Sustec Pro FIVE's

Also, here is the RSX-specific pricing and spring rates (second from the top):

Pricing and Spring Rates

From their website, they look like the ultimate coilovers. They are 12-way adjustable and have the option to run as fully active with Tanabe's TEAS system, which will make them 16-way adjustable.

Has anyone here had positive or negative experiences with these coilovers?
Also, because the SEVENS are so similar, feedback on those would also be appreciated.

These are for an RSX Type-S, by the way, and they don't make them for G1/G2/G3 owners.

Thanks as always...
-Ryan

·
Registered
200 Posts
As far as I know, only a few members actually run the FIVE's with TEAS. What from I've gathered it is an awesome set up and so far recommended highly OVER the Tein + EDFC set up.

I quote...

KingOfCorn said:
lol, yeah definatley EDFC on crack:weeeeeeeeee: Im running the Pro5's and TEAS in my car and it is definately the best setup that I have ever run. I ran autocross with the setup and took over a second off of my times by the end of the day. Also in reference to the Tein, which I used to run on a civic EG, you could barely tell if there was any change once you adjusted dampening. With the Pro5's there is a distinct increase in dampening each time you make an adjustment.

And another...

Quote: underpants I have the Sustec Pro 5 on my DC5 and it's well worth it.

The helper spring on the coliover really makes the ride comfortable for streets, but the other coil spring and the strut itself helps out in cornering.

It's a perfect combo for street/track

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks so much Jason.
i'll send those two guys a PM for more info.

edit: searched for their UN's on the member search and nothing came up. Do you know them personally or just their posts?? maybe they changed names or are no longer using TI.net (kind of doubt that because the FIVES are only 12-18 months old)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.