Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While normally it might be a good idea to sit down and plan things out for such a task, I happened to come across some Dupli-Color paint and then I started sprayin :). Started with the easiest pieces to remove, the center console, and will be working my way up. So far the painting has gone relatively smooth, with the exception of the paint not being able to get past that crappy armorall stuff that I had to remove. It came out alot darker and shinier than OEM, but I kinda like it so I'm gonna keep goin with it.

Keep in mind the flash was on and made everything so bright, so the colors really clash right now. However, a question for any other T2Bers, replace the carpet and seats or dye them. Both are easy, but im not all about paying for new seats (again - anyone want to buy tan leather seats?)

I want to put my tan cloth ones back in and dye them if possible, and if it is just as easy, do the carpet as well. Has anyone dyed their stuff, and if so, what did you use?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Good luck with that - Looks pretty good so far -

Just make sure to spend extra time on the prep as that is the best way to ensure it will last.

Did you ever consider buying black interior parts?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Does look rather shiny, IMO it would probably be easier to switch out seats and get cloth or leather black seats and the black carpet. Beside's that I hope the painting goes well although most people I know who have tried to do there interior, even with the recommended paints, it has always peeled over time.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Updated: I gutted the teg today. Everything gets a good painting tomorrow. on saturday I get the black carpet and I all I will have left is the seats to dye. I am hesitant about the dash removal, thinking of masking it off. I am in no mood to have an airbag deploy in my face. Anyone done it before and is it really involved?

btw, massive thanks to MZ and the rest of the articles for givin me very good instructions

Pics of gutted teg:

·
Registered
662 Posts
ive done it before i have my entire interor color matched to my car with silver accents and the airbag is nothing just take the negative off the battery and unplug the airbag then paint it and put it back in i wouldnt suggest driving the car or putting the battery back on till you get it back in otherwise you might have a constant srs or whatever it is light on (2 of my car club buddies had this problem) but i didnt its def not hard and you have little to worry about if theres not power going to the thing. the dash takes about 2 hrs to take out if you are labeling everything like i did and about 3 to put back in because all the wires are a pain in the ass to run and oh yeah id get some wire cutters to cut the little tan wire hold downs or whatever or else you will cut your hands up pm me if you have questions ive taken my dash out 3 times now its a fuuuun time haha but well worth it for that fiberglass look with only paint haha if i had a way of getting pics on here id show you i have a digital camera but no internet post site or whatever you have to do.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I hit my first setback today. I picked up a different type of paint today and tried it out for the door panel. It looks just like OEM. Now I can't decide which one I want. The original paint is very dark but also very shiny, and I am thinking if I have that all over the car, it will seem kind of tacky. The paint I used on the door panel however, while looking very much like OEM, seems rather boring compared to the original. I have some early stage pictures of the door panel and some finished dash peices, I need some opinions please.

Original Paint

New type

Comments and advice are most welcome. -- on a high note though, today I got a JDM black carpet and center console from chrgd_ls_vtec (who has alot of good stuff for sale, PM him). Here it is in all its beauty, probly goes in tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.