Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I am going to be home near brookfield around spring break, and i have a few trouble issues on my car. Still having a warranty from honda on the car, they should fix this all with no cost from me, but if there is a way for me to fix any of it easily, lemme know, if ya know.
1) my stock left blinker light, the one on the left side of the car never comes on, and it is not the bulb. It just seems like a wire is loose or not connected, as if i wiggle it it does come on, but won't stay on.
2) same kind of deal in my dash, the cigarette lighter plug won't stay powered, the light bulb is never on when the lights are on, the radar detector i have connected in there powers on and off constantly whenever i go over a bump. I tried to fix the connection, but it seems like nothing i have done helps.
3) my door will not lock from the inside, the driver side door. The only way to lock it is outside the car with the key ( i don't have power locks, its an rs). Even so, now the key is getting harder to turn when i want to lock/unlock the car.
4) not a problem but is there any way acura can speed up those windows???

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh i know about the silicone, but can they do it there? or would that be something i have to do? anyone ask acura about this ever???

·
Registered
878 Posts
on question #3 i had same problem and i had to take the door pannel off and reconnect the metal peice that came from the lock to the latch...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
tim on Mar/11/04 said:
well, I am going to be home near brookfield around spring break, and i have a few trouble issues on my car. Still having a warranty from honda on the car, they should fix this all with no cost from me, but if there is a way for me to fix any of it easily, lemme know, if ya know.
1) my stock left blinker light, the one on the left side of the car never comes on, and it is not the bulb. It just seems like a wire is loose or not connected, as if i wiggle it it does come on, but won't stay on.
2) same kind of deal in my dash, the cigarette lighter plug won't stay powered, the light bulb is never on when the lights are on, the radar detector i have connected in there powers on and off constantly whenever i go over a bump. I tried to fix the connection, but it seems like nothing i have done helps.
3) my door will not lock from the inside, the driver side door. The only way to lock it is outside the car with the key ( i don't have power locks, its an rs). Even so, now the key is getting harder to turn when i want to lock/unlock the car.
4) not a problem but is there any way acura can speed up those windows???
Solutions:

1. Broken wire in the circuit. Trace...and fix.

2. Refer to solution number 1, only do in cig. lighter wiring.

3. Even w/ manual locks, there is a safety so you don't lock your keys in the car. Pull the handle out, and then lock it. Works every time. (I do the same thing in my 98 Civic DX) Also, spray WD40 into lock cylinder...will lube things up a bit.

4. Do what was suggested above me...look at thread on here about window speed.

Any questions ?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, the door thing doesn't work at all, i know about the handle, still no go. I am not too electrically inclined, so i might just have to take it in. But i do think i will have to do the window thing. I can't imagine acura charging for any of this...BTW thanks for all the replies, and fast at that...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:
Took the teg to Acura yesterday, got it all fixed for about 69 bux, including a rental car... interesting stuff, should have been free, but f**k it. I found out my radar detector sh*t out on me, now I am going to need a new one, and I rented a base rsx auto, not impressed. It accelerated funny and its turning radius SUCKED! I have to say, maybe the stick or type s is better, but I still love the teg more...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts