Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I just got new black front bumper corner lights. I'm 15 so I live with my parents and my mom asked me how I'm getting them on.. I told her I would have to remove the front bumper and she said no. She thinks that if I take the front bumper off it might mess with an airbag sensor and they might deploy or not work when they are really needed. Since airbags are expensive I guess I need some reassurance first. Is this a safe thing to do and are they're any guides on this site to help me do it correctly without damaging anything? Thanks

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
umm how bout we save you the trouble at this point by telling you the correct info.

You don't need to remove the bumper to install corner lights

·
Registered
26 Posts
it won't mess with an airbag sensor, but you shouldn't have to take off your bumper to get to your corner lights, you just unscrew the one screw holding them in, and pull the bumper to the outside (towards the tire) and then pop the lights out

·
Registered
789 Posts
Youve been here for 2 months now. That is adequate time to familiarize yourself with the rules of features of this site. Please search first, and take advantage of the articles section, as the answer to your question is in there, and people have taken the time and work to write the articles for you

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok.. sorry guys... for posting like a noob

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
exxodus on Mar/30/04 said:
it won't mess with an airbag sensor, but you shouldn't have to take off your bumper to get to your corner lights, you just unscrew the one screw holding them in, and pull the bumper to the outside (towards the tire) and then pop the lights out
just as CJ said you dont have to remove your bumper. look to the rear of each light. there is a phillips head screw just under screw that and pull the assembly toward you and the blub holder just turn a 1/4 turn left i believe and just pop out. just do that for bulbs and simply replace the old corners with the new ones. just do this process in reverse.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
OK, rule number one in dealing with YOUR car:

Never take advise from your mother!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously man, that is just plain stupid, I mean my mom saiy crap like that too, so i understand where you are coming form, but you need to learn that mothers opinions are usually just that, unsubstantiated opinions...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys don't lock me please... i have another question that i forgot to address. My fog lights aren't working and I was thinking of just taking them off.. that is why I need to know how to take the bumper off. Unless you guys think I can easily fix it or have some shop do it for cheap.. thanks and sorry for being noob, won't happen again.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
stephendawafa on Mar/30/04 said:
hey guys don't lock me please... i have another question that i forgot to address. My fog lights aren't working and I was thinking of just taking them off.. that is why I need to know how to take the bumper off. Unless you guys think I can easily fix it or have some shop do it for cheap.. thanks and sorry for being noob, won't happen again.
just look at the links i posted above. it shows everything you need. dont worry about these guys hassling you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey man...people make mistakes, don't worry about them giving you a hard time, you gotta remember, they're pefect and never made mistakes
anyways, check out the articles section..it shows how to remove your bumper..just make sure not to lose the screws, or the clips that you need, you'll be fine, if you even need to take it off (for your fog lights) I don't have fog lights so I can't really give you an opinion there, but just check articles, and search the forum, you never know what wealth of information you'll unmask

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks all

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
lol i know what you guys mean with the whole mom deal, im young to (16) but last year i was changing the brakes, on the car and my mom stood out there the whole time trying to instruct me on how to do it and how she knew some 1 who had a car fall on them, so i just told her to do it and she had NO clue what to do, that was the last time she every told me anything about MY car

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol.. funny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.