Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title states, I'm curious to know if anyone has actually taken the lens off their OEM tailights. I took the whole taillight off to dry them, but there is still water in between the lens and the housing. I already replaced the gasket but that doesn't seem to help, and now there is water inside one of the bulbs. It hasn't burned out yet. This is my daily driver so I don't have time to let it sit overnight, I only have about one day to get this water out. Help please?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think it's because of the seals that did on the tail lights or a crack on the plastic where you insert the bulb in. Try sealing it silcone, if it doesn't work than i suggest you get a new one before it mess up with your electric areas.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm cheap so buying a new taillight is out of the question. I've looked at it and it has clips that hold the lens on all the way around. There are also a couple screws. I have access to a heat gun(semi-broken), a hair dryer, and an oven, but something about melting my taillights or "baking" them in the oven scares me. I will tell everyone, DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN TO DRY YOUR TAILLIGHTS, I melted part of the housing where the lights screw in. Other than that I just want to know has anyone done this or am I gonna be the guinea pig to see if it's possible?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had water between the lens as well, what i did was during the weekend i took off my taillight, used the blow dryer to get all the vapor out. Then i left my tail by the heater for one day having a constant flow of warm air into the holes. It's pretty much vapor free now

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
No warrenty left Hakamoto? My car had the same problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have opened the tailights before... use a heat gun and warm the back of the housing... be very patient! this may take up to 30 minutes... keep on going around and around heating it evenly. Use a flathead and slowly pry the red plastic from the housing. haha Oh don't forget to take that screw out! I don't advise you to do this just to dry the housing... I was doing a LED taillight project and kind of put it on the side for now. Email me at [email protected] if you need more help!

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
haha, my dad told me that, cause mine had water, I had it all out drying it and he was like "Jeez, take it to the dealer and yell at them about it, we just bought the car a month ago.
Nothing like cruising in a 3.2TL while the integra was getting brand new all reds put in with gaskets and all.

Oh Hakamoto, check under your spare tire for water, it leaked through my taillights/gaskets and had a good amount down there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.