Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spray painted my taillights w/ candy apple red about 1 year ago. I got the 98 tail lights finally and i'm trying to get my other taillights back to stock. I tried alcohol to get the old paint of my taillight but it wont work. What do i use to take off the paint ? nothing too strong please i've herd of taillights being completly torn w/ strong paint removers.

thanks for the help t-i members....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
my car pix

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Haha, when I spray painted my front clear red, cops busted me so I had to take it off. I used a mixture of paint thinner, nail polish remover and this stuff called goo off.

Warning however, goo off is bad for plastic. I'm not sure about paint thinner or nail polish remover, but my front clears have a very slight hazing to them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey wut kinda kinda paint do u use to paint ur orange part of ur tail lights, will mines turn out like tha one in ur pic if i paint it, and did u paint tha whole piece or just the orange part?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha... thanx icc96integ... i painted the whole tail light... and in the pix i have the 98 tail lights... has neone else taken off the paint b4 ?

·
Registered
645 Posts
i have just did it because some asshole threw acid on my tail lights that i did.welli used the apint thiner to take the paint off from cars. i bought it at my local distributor of car paint, it should not run more that 10 for a gallon. also becareful not to use so much because you could make tham get that haze looking.i hope this helps.

·
Registered
780 Posts
i used the same paint, cany apple red, on my altezza tail lights. To remove that type of paint, you want to use something called ELO. It a lacquer remover, the type of paint that the candy apple read. This is completely safe on plastics, just take a little rubbing, nothing too much. it completely takes it off. i just took the paint off my lenses a few hours ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts