Team Integra Forums banner

tachometer or altenator(rmt start)

624 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  siggy833 
#1 ·
my remote start feature on my alarm has been ,well not the best.. i got it installed at a shop and they went with the altenator route. i belive this is the problem

i was wondering from your expierences which do you think is better, i ask this b-cause if it is a better route going tach it would only be 2 wires to snip and crimp and install.

please any help/suggestions/ideas would be grateful

oh and the tach wire is the blue silver wire that has a little black end connecter under the hood r8?

#3 ·
sorry...

people who use voltage sense are friggen lazy...

the tach is the prefered method, you can get it right at the distributor if you cant find it otherwise, wait for morningz I think he knows where it is inside the car, I dont think I ever found it....but its also at the driver side of the engine bay

what make.model RS do you have...

#4 ·
thumby22 on Feb/18/04 said:
please any help/suggestions/ideas would be grateful
tell us brands and maybe what car you drive would be helpful/usefull

#8 ·
The Tach wire is located in the same place on all G3 tegs. You can snag it right on the driver side under the hood between the firewall and the shock tower. Its a single blue wire that has a black connector on the end and is taped to a factory harness. Deffinetely go with a tach connection over voltage sense. Pics of tach wire location....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.