Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and didn't find a definate answer but just wanted to know that since i raised my ls redline from 6800rpm to 8000rpm i was wondering since the redline for a gsr is at 8200rpm and looks like 8000rpm would i be able to just buy the gsr stock tachometer and swap it in place of my ls one so i wouldn't have to dive into redline? will my needle read the new placement of the numbers or what would have to be done for a gsr tach to work on an ls cluster.
thanks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had my redline increased my a programmable ecu. it works fine but will work better once i get my skunk 2 im back on. top end is sick and pulls past stock redline. i just need to know if i buy the stock gsr tachometer it will work on my ls cluster and read the rpms properly.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
what ECU did you get, i'd be interested for my LS, and i also have a skunk2 IM

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm sorry but this post wasn't about is a higher redline safe? all i asked was if the gsr tach would work properly if just put in place of the ls tach. i have done everything for a safer redline upgrade. can someone please answer my original question. like a mod because everyone is just saying maybe. i would like to know a definate answer. thanks again.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Yes, it will work. If you can replace the entire ls cluster for a gsr and it works, then I see no reason why just the gsr tach wouldnt work. I guess my question is why not just buy the entire cluster and swap them out?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have done this personally, did a gsr swap, wanted a gsr tach and just swapped the gsr tach in my ls cluster. It is plug and play!

·
Registered
527 Posts
hotmilk8 on Feb/18/04 said:
i'm sorry but this post wasn't about is a higher redline safe? all i asked was if the gsr tach would work properly if just put in place of the ls tach. i have done everything for a safer redline upgrade. can someone please answer my original question. like a mod because everyone is just saying maybe. i would like to know a definate answer. thanks again.

i dont see why it wouldnt work.
why don't you guy buy a gsr tach, install it, come back and tell US if it works..

sound cool, Huh?
cheers.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I know this is old. But it was helpful. Im in the process of doing auto to manual swap and I didn't want to change the whole cluster and lose the actual mileage of the shell.
Yeah, I swapped the tach on mine as well when I did the manual swap, however be sure to get a cluster/tach from a 94-97 since the gauges are a different color depending on year. 94-97 are gray, 98-01 are black.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.