Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Acura Integra
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question for the smarties, I have a 1994 body teg, with a 2001 powertrain, but it has a 94 ecu, so body is obd1 motor is obd2 but ecu is obd1 (it’s all converted and runs fine) but I have no tachometer? I read some
Places and it says the run the tach ima. Different area when they changed the years, I think in the newer ones it ran off the distributor or maybe I have that backwards and it’s the older one, does anyone know how to fix this? Also if I run a nengun bee r rev limiter will it still be able to work without a functioning tach? I imagine the ECU still reads the rpm as otherwise it couldn’t run, but as before, all answers and input are appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
1994 Acura Integra
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my apologies for the confusion, its obd1 internal harness, the actual engine harness is from obd2, the distributor is obd2 but chassis and harness into car is obd1, unsure about the ground attached to the thermo housing, will look at that tomorrow

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok so you have swap and mismatched stuff. That's the most likely cause. The dizzy has a direct link to the tachometer. In the obd1 integras there is a crankshaft position sensor in the dizzy. On obd2 I am unsure but I do know they have a crankshaft position sensor on the crank. So it wouldn't really make sense for them to put 2 crankshaft position sensor. See if there's someone local to that would let us borrow their dizzy or u can maybe pick one up in a junkyard. I need to do something similar myself. if u happ n to be in southern orange county I could probably help u

·
Registered
1994 Acura Integra
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so you have swap and mismatched stuff. That's the most likely cause. The dizzy has a direct link to the tachometer. In the obd1 integras there is a crankshaft position sensor in the dizzy. On obd2 I am unsure but I do know they have a crankshaft position sensor on the crank. So it wouldn't really make sense for them to put 2 crankshaft position sensor. See if there's someone local to that would let us borrow their dizzy or u can maybe pick one up in a junkyard. I need to do something similar myself. if u happ n to be in southern orange county I could probably help u
i am not, im a northern boy myself, so not in the area sadly, if worse comes to worse ill simply either wire in a massvie 5 1/4 inch tach on the dash or wire it into the factory one, not like ii cant hear when i need to shift lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts