Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
t70 turbo kit This looks like a good deal but i am not fimiliar with the t70 whats that from? Also is this a big turbo will it take a serious engine to power this? Im only looking for a cheap turbo kit my engine is slightly rebiult.... But i just want a kit i can keep at like 4psi till my other engine is done? Any help would be thankful.

Joe

·
Registered
117 Posts
Okay, man, looking at that turbo, there's a lot you'd need to do to your engine. The wastegate is set from 10-18 psi, which would more than likely mean doing something to your itnernals. Though they say our engines can take 10-12 psi of boost on stock, unless its perfectly tuned, that's a real hazard. Also, that massive turbo is going to need an intercooler, and none comes with that kit, or at least as far as I could see. Basically, you'd be buying a lot more to make your engine able to handle that turbo...and of course, once that power is added, you might be getting into the zone where you need to start thinking about a new clutch, a better fuel pump, and a whole mess of other things.

If you just want a kick around turbo, I'd look for the GReddy kit, or even the beefier fmax/turbonetics T3/T4 hybrid.

Or, you can check out this link...there's a lot of info that can help you out.

Peace.

http://www.matt3t4.20m.com/photo5.html

EDIT: Clickable--> Turbo Info

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think I saw that same turbo kit at wal-mart..in other words.. don't buy it..I'm not even going to take this post seriously. You want a turbo you can run at 4psi?? you could get the same power you would make off of 4psi by going NA and probably spend less money..

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Spools quick my ass. hahaha That ad is misleading.

·
Registered
273 Posts
SSautochrome products are junk. Just look at their header products they sell. junk. Seriously that tubine would need a inline 6 or even bigger to push enough gas to get that turbo spooling. It probably doesn't boost until like 6k or something. I would say buyer beware!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.