Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does antone have this turbo on a GSR? I am referring to the one that comes with the F-Max kit.

T3/T4 Hybrid Turbocharger
· A/R and compressor wheel profiles can be custom made to fit order
· A Turbonetics T3\T4 with dynamic seal comes standard unless otherwise noted

How does that spool, like at what rpm does it start to get on? I have seen the dyno charts but would love to hear from someone who actually has experience with this turbo or something similar.

Also that have these neat detonation management devices. one of them is just a gasket to lower your compression ratio. How hard is it to pull the head of an engine? Like is that something that you can do at home or is that a shop thing. Anyway if anyone reads this far into my post thank you very much

97 gsr

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've got one on mine. The first one I had blew the oil seals right off the bat. Turbonetics is SLOW to replace them. Especially the ball-bearing ones. The lag is pretty bad, and they spool up around 3-4k. once they get going though, you're money. I'm only running about 7 pounds of boost though, mind you. Pulling the head is a fiasco. If you want to use a copper gasket, you have to have the block o-ringed, which is a super-fiasco. The SCE gasket works great though once you're past that point. Be sure to use CopperSeal spray-on gasket maker, and have the grooving done by a professional. Good luck.

·
Registered
744 Posts
my T3/T4 turbo spools at about 2500 rpm as long as I'm flooring it.. it's considered to spool pretty early throughout the entire powerband.. I get considerable speed gain from 2500-6000 before I start to top off (redline at 6900).. shifting to 2nd gives another jump (almost a leap forward).. but yeah.. mine can spool at 2500rpm.. more regularly, it spools at about 3000.. hope this helps..

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
F-Max/Turbonetics has some pretty decent kits, but only on a few parts mainly being the construction of the manifold. The one thing, however, I truely don't like are their STREET line of turbochargers. Don't get me wrong. Turbonetics makes awesome applications when it comes to their sponsored teams and race divisions, but on the flip side, their street versions have a lot left to be desired. For years Turbonetics has been fighting their oil seal issues, and one of the main reasons as to why they honor a LIFETIME warranty. Sometimes it makes you wonder, while Some other companies, like IHI, Greddy, Precision, Innovative, etc, have limited warranties for other than wear and tear use, Turbonetics have these lifetime warranties. Why? Because those oil seals always seem to go, and when replace, have a tendency to go bad a second time.

Based upon your application, F-MAX changes turbo chargers and spool characteristics based upon the motor used because there is a difference in spooling an LS as opposed to a GS-R. Luckily they know that. But we need to know a few specs of the turbo or at least your engine application to help you out a bit further. All these characteristics on the turbos themselves sound pretty common on a turbonetics' street speced turbo.

The head gasket is a waste. They used to be rIdeal, and now another company. If you want to do an "anti-detonation" procedure, spend the extra investment on some additional fuel management such as an E-manage which has sub injector control, and not just the MF2. That's the only way to be detonation free. The MSD BTM that is an option simply retards timing in relation to boost. That's a killer for low-end power, and you just wind up running pig rich unnecessarily, even at idle. The MSD BTM also only is able to control this retard feature between 1000rpms and 6000rpms, and wasn't designed to even think anyone would run on boost up to 8000 rpms like a GS-R or other honda. Fuel and spark are the only reasons why engines detonate, not JUST headgaskets or Timing retard devices.

Sorry for the long post all....

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
you're in raleigh...

take it to eurospeed performance before you break something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts